Anyone hear about Bill S.978?
It's a new law that states that if you stream a video game to Youtube or any other place on the internet, you can get fined 2,500$ and sent to jail.

Who else thinks this is complete bullcrap?
It will be tried and removed for being unconstitutional. It breaks the fair use clause and the first amendment.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
Where did you read this? If you could post a link that would be great.
(07-02-2011, 03:09 AM)BlandFlakes Wrote: Where did you read this? If you could post a link that would be great.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/trolling...ltradavid/
Excuse me, but why is everyone so misinterpreting the bill?

"Makes *unauthorized* web streaming of *copyrighted* content a felony with a possible penalty of up to 5 years in prison."

Notice those two words. It's just further enforcing the copyright laws that we already have.
(07-02-2011, 03:14 AM)noob007 Wrote: Excuse me, but why is everyone so misinterpreting the bill?

"Makes *unauthorized* web streaming of *copyrighted* content a felony with a possible penalty of up to 5 years in prison."

Notice those two words. It's just further enforcing the copyright laws that we already have.

Unauthorized.
As in, they will have to have permission from Gabe Newell to record an HL:E2 video and post it on Youtube.
(07-02-2011, 03:21 AM)Tyler Wrote:
(07-02-2011, 03:14 AM)noob007 Wrote: Excuse me, but why is everyone so misinterpreting the bill?

Unauthorized.
As in, they will have to have permission from Gabe Newell to record an HL:E2 video and post it on Youtube.

Most video game companies don't care if you upload videos of the game play.

Unauthorized.

Relax kid, you actually think the police will track down all those millions of people who've recorded such videos and put them in jail?
Yeah, that breaks the fair use clause.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(07-02-2011, 03:24 AM)noob007 Wrote:

Unauthorized.

Relax kid, you actually think the police will track down all those millions of people who've recorded such videos and put them in jail?
No.
But, anyone who records them in the future will.