Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@A message to all forum users
when you post a rant or flame bait or a personal attack
I have been personally attacked by one of your moderators. And what happened? Nothing. The way it looks is mods don't need to follow the rules. That's just how it looks It's not true they need to follow the rules.

not because they make games
You posted in the moderator application thread stating they will be chosen by game making knowledge.

We will decide on the new moderator based on answers to these questions, as well as any warning you have received, how long you have been a member, how helpful your posts are, and how much knowledge you have about making games. (only posts prior to today will be considered.)

(by the way, we had 11 moderators and 10 VIPs for a server with a player limit of 12, like many other Minecraft servers, and it worked perfectly.)
Of course it worked perfectly everyone on the server was either a mod or a VIP. And the mods where probably more mature than some of buildism's mods.

"The mods we have were chosen because they stood out above the rest of the community"
Tyler rage quit because he "people hated him". He's the one who started all the 'Why do you guys hate me?' threads. He should be demoted he has been showing a lot of immaturity in those posts.

Oh and you should explain to your mods that they have to follow the rules. Because I will report them. (Even though I know they won't ban themselves.)
"I have been personally attacked by one of your moderators. And what happened? Nothing. The way it looks is mods don't need to follow the rules. That's just how it looks It's not true they need to follow the rules."

If you think you've been personally attacked by a moderator, then report it, just like you would with anyone else. Keep in mind that they could be joking, and also the meaning of "personal attack" varies between people (but we have an official definition here; it's in the rules.)

"You posted in the moderator application thread stating they will be chosen by game making knowledge."

No, I did not, I said it would be an added bonus. My reasoning for that is that it would be good if a mod could help people with making games when they needed it, but it was never a requirement. Also, I only mentioned that in the message to illustrate the fact that picking the mod was a complex process; it was not based on a single fact. It was just an example.

"Of course it worked perfectly everyone on the server was either a mod or a VIP. And the mods where probably more mature than some of buildism's mods."

There were usually less than 5 staff online at the same time--just like what happens here. They all had other things to do than minecraft, just like our mods have other things to do than Buildism. And the average age range was 12-15, so I think it's a good comparison.

"Tyler rage quit because he "people hated him". He's the one who started all the 'Why do you guys hate me?' threads. He should be demoted he has been showing a lot of immaturity in those posts."

I told him not to post any more threads like that, and he stopped. Also, I'm not concerned about people quitting, it's those rage-filled "I'm leaving" posts I don't like. He didn't write one of those.
(07-08-2011, 04:26 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: "I have been personally attacked by one of your moderators. And what happened? Nothing. The way it looks is mods don't need to follow the rules. That's just how it looks It's not true they need to follow the rules."

If you think you've been personally attacked by a moderator, then report it, just like you would with anyone else. Keep in mind that they could be joking, and also the meaning of "personal attack" varies between people (but we have an official definition here; it's in the rules.)

"You posted in the moderator application thread stating they will be chosen by game making knowledge."

No, I did not, I said it would be an added bonus. My reasoning for that is that it would be good if a mod could help people with making games when they needed it, but it was never a requirement. Also, I only mentioned that in the message to illustrate the fact that picking the mod was a complex process; it was not based on a single fact. It was just an example.

"Of course it worked perfectly everyone on the server was either a mod or a VIP. And the mods where probably more mature than some of buildism's mods."

There were usually less than 5 staff online at the same time--just like what happens here. They all had other things to do than minecraft, just like our mods have other things to do than Buildism. And the average age range was 12-15, so I think it's a good comparison.

"Tyler rage quit because he "people hated him". He's the one who started all the 'Why do you guys hate me?' threads. He should be demoted he has been showing a lot of immaturity in those posts."

I told him not to post any more threads like that, and he stopped. Also, I'm not concerned about people quitting, it's those rage-filled "I'm leaving" posts I don't like. He didn't write one of those.

Really because you never mentioned it as an "Added bonus" for picking mods.

Oh and tyler should be demoted for "quitting"
(07-08-2011, 04:28 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote: Really because you never mentioned it as an "Added bonus" for picking mods.

Yes, really.

I'm not sure if he's leaving permanently or just taking a break. If he's gone forever, I'll demote him.
He did say he would leave. And what happens when you go up to your boss and you say your gonna be inactive/leaving?
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(07-08-2011, 04:29 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 04:28 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote: Really because you never mentioned it as an "Added bonus" for picking mods.

Yes, really.

I'm not sure if he's leaving permanently or just taking a break. If he's gone forever, I'll demote him.

I think you should demote him even if he's just taking a break.
(07-08-2011, 04:30 PM)Chaos Wrote: He did say he would leave. And what happens when you go up to your boss and you say your gonna be inactive/leaving?
You get a vacation day.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
I personally find all this stupid drama all the time pretty funny.

It's a forum on a game creation site, not eastenders :I

Also, "The only thing I dislike is people who make their games on another website and post here because they like the community better"

I don't understand your problem if these people are contributing to the community and not stirring up trouble.
(07-08-2011, 04:56 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 04:30 PM)Chaos Wrote: He did say he would leave. And what happens when you go up to your boss and you say your gonna be inactive/leaving?
You get a vacation day.

Hey boss everyone hates me I'm leaving I don't know when I will be back.

Oh it's ok just come back when ever.

That doesn't happen Smile
(07-08-2011, 05:00 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 04:56 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
You get a vacation day.

Hey boss everyone hates me I'm leaving I don't know when I will be back.

Oh it's ok just come back when ever.

That doesn't happen Smile
Said leaving in general not quitting.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]