Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New punishment for "I'm quitting" pity threads
These threads have been against the rules for a few months, but the rule wasn't enforced before because I thought that if someone is posting a thread like that, they couldn't care less about the rules. However, I think that if the punishment is listed with the rule, people will think twice before impulsively posting these threads.

From now on, anyone that posts an "I'm quitting" thread will be banned, either permanently or for how long they claim to be quitting for. After all, if you really are quitting, then you shouldn't mind the punishment, but if you're just doing it to get attention or sympathy, maybe the possibility of being banned will make you think twice about how your actions will affect the future.

If you're going to be away (temporarily or permanently), you can change your status to Away in your user CP and/or post in the Hi/Bye Thread without breaking the rules.
Thanks Big Grin
Wait... would posting a thread stating you are going to be inactive for awhile count or would that belong in the Hi/bye thread?
(07-10-2011, 07:22 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote: Wait... would posting a thread stating you are going to be inactive for awhile count or would that belong in the Hi/bye thread?

That would belong in the hi/bye thread.
Awesome rule! Wink
I was thinking about this the other day. Im glad its going to be enforced now.
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
I think the Hi/Bye thread should be in the Community forum.
Epic rule is epic.
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
Good rule. All the "I'm quitting'' threads were annoying.
It was a rule alone - you'd get it locked/deleted, as I enforced it.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]