Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ask the Staff Thread
(06-23-2012, 11:15 AM)Ashely Wrote: When a situation goes down we look at both sides of the story, then we have discussions about it as a team.
I well refrain from being a douche here, but that really does not seem like what you do.
In that Ashely incident a while back, there was a slight lack of communication at first and that fed the later drama. So yes, it's not quite what happened there to begin with, but we worked it out after it started.
(06-23-2012, 01:10 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: In that Ashely incident a while back, there was a slight lack of communication at first and that fed the later drama. So yes, it's not quite what happened there to begin with, but we worked it out after it started.

The MODS worked it out, the users had practically no say in it.
The Ashely Incident is the Spanish-American War.

The Spanish = The users
The Americans = The mods

After fighting, the Spanish knew the Americans weren't going to quit, so they gave up and let them do as they please.
If you'll remember, I spent about 10 hours arguing back and forth with Dignity and Glome and absolutely nothing happened except we all got angrier at each other and Dignity and Glome got temporarily permabanned for minor rule infractions (that's what happens when you push me over the edge, haha.). The next day, me and Jacob_ and Ashely and Interwebs and Paradox got together in the mod forums and over about 2 hours we managed to clear it up among ourselves and get back to you guys. The argument was pretty much over by the end of that day. Glome publicly apologized for his part in it and Kieron hasn't said anything about it since that I'm aware of.

It's not a democracy. We don't always try to do things that you guys want, we try to do what is best for the entire site in the long run, most of which is made up of you guys. But since you guys tend to shout first, think later when confronted with an argument (and yes, I know I'll sometimes get pushed there myself) and have no direct influence in the subject, there's no point in you guys holding filibusters and trying to start a revolution. The best way to get your opinions heard and considered is to send something politely on a non-public channel with the mods, like sending a joint PM. If that doesn't work, there isn't much you can do at that point.
You're right. This is a Dictatorship/Communism. Not a democracy. I thought Americans were scared of Communism.
If it were Communism, everyone would be mods and there would be no currency.
@Q

It took nearly 2 years for a currency.

In this case, it is not everyone, but anyone. Jacob_ picks anyone to be mods.
Almost everyone put in a mod application about a year ago, but very few got chosen. Since it's Jacob_'s website, he can choose who he wants to help keep everything from going out of hand here more often than it does. If we truly fail to do our job, he can demote us at any time. I believe the way he put it is, "I see Buildism more like a high school than a government. You guys [the mods] are more like the seniors who help keep the younger students in line than the teachers."
But, according to reliable sources, Freedom of the Internet = Freedom of the Press.
So therefore we can post whatever we want, and the rules are void.