Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Login's Blog]
Table of Contents
  • [goto=Aether 7/29/2011]Thoughts on Aether on Minecraft 7/29/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Scatman John]Scatman John; His Legacy in my Eyes 7/29/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Minecraft Story]A Minecraft Story 7/30/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Fad]Fad Created With Blogs! 7/31/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Update Aether]Waiting For The Update on The Aether Mod. 8/1/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Abandon]Minecraft - Maps and Work: Abandoning. 8/4/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Active]What Keeps You on Buildism? 8/6/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Post]How Many of You Have Read my Posts? 8/7/2011[/goto]
  • [goto=Dubstep]Who Likes Dubstep? 8/14/2011[/goto]

[anchor]Aether 7/29/2011[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Thoughts on Aether on Minecraft 7/29/2011
Like all mods, you're really excited at first to get the mod. But when it you get the mod, you're not all too satisfied. For this one, it's because of the lack of things to do. While there is multiple new materials, you could explore and do everything in the Aether within a day. The only hard part is the Zephyrs, which I find annoying more so than hard.

[anchor]Scatman John[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Scatman John; His Legacy in my Eyes 7/29/2011
Scatman John, or John Paul Larkin, has a very sever stuttering problem (I have a stuttering problem as well, but his case, he had to repeat his sentences 7 times before getting it correct) which lead to his childhood being a nightmare to him. In an interview, John tells out from his heart and talks to his mom and asks his mom, (in exact words from interview) "Mommy, why do I stutter? All the way out to, Mommy, why is there war?" And in the interview he explained how his childhood lead him to not talking. Then, out from the blue, in 1976, John Paul Larkin decided to become a singer, something all stutterers fear doing. He became famous in 1995 for his song I'm The Scatman. The piano provided John with a means of artistic expression to compensate for his speech difficulties. Scatman John said in a 1996 interview, “playing piano gave me a way to speak… I hid behind the piano because I was scared of talking”. Scatman John's songs that became famous were the following: Scatman's World, I'm The Scatman, Su Su Su Super Kirei, Everybody Jam, and Only You. Although I have many songs you should hear by him - Hi, Louis. In that song, you should ignore the "Jazz" part because it's not jazz at all. Popstar This explains life so much, the song Popstar. Scatman's Dance This song is more like a dance-song. Good for parties! Take me Away This song is one of his best songs, Take Me Away, so awesome! I Want to be Someone This song explains how I feel often. I do want to be someone. Scatman John died on December 3rd, 1999 at 6:00 pm from lung cancer. He was cremated and put into the sea at California, USA. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer in 1998, and his doctor advised him to stop singing, but he never did stop singing. Scatman John said "If it's my time to go, then I'll go. I've already tasted the beauty of life." Rest in peace, Scatman John.

[anchor]Minecraft Story[/anchor][Login's Blog]: A Minecraft Story 7/30/2011
I was playing this server, a hamachi-hosted server on Minecraft. I wanted to play with this guy named Chiken_Nuggets. He told me how he was such a bad speller and couldn't eve spell his own name right. And so at first, we did this custom map (by me) entitled (a series I'm making) Hostility x100: Survival. It started out legit. Hamachi only. All of a sudden, he spawned wood, after about 8 hours into the game he spawned wood. So he was like "You didn't see that" so I spawned wood too. He began working on this ship. I loved the ship, and he told me to help. I was afraid I was going to mess it up, but in the end, I fixed it up and helped him fix his style and make it look nicer. Soon, I was introduced by xKylerxx on how to Port Forward - the reason I couldn't port forward correctly last time was because of me forgetting to use my internal IP on the IP Address part. So, with that fixed, I no longer used hamachi. He then introduced me to a free DNS hosting site, so then I named it shipcitycraft.zapto.org - pretty soon, my friends joined, and they began making it a city with me. The ship was worked on over 3 days straight almost no sleep. Then Grakrk joined in, and we had fun for a few days. We were not yet on a Bukkit server. But, a day later, Kyle helped me get on a Bukkit server and helped me through a lot of stuff. I figured out the code myself, but he told me what plugins and what not to install. I had to mess with code. As of today, 3:00 am EST, Chiken_Nuggets was insulted and took things out of control. He griefed the city, which we fixed it almost instantly, and he was banned. He was one of the best builders, and so now we lost one of the best builders, and technically founder of the idea of the server. I guess I'm now the CEO of it. At any rate, it's been up for about a month maybe?

[anchor]Fad[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Fad Created With Blogs! 7/31/2011
Apparently, the [Username's Blog] has become a fad, started by me. This marks a first fad I've started in Buildism! The [Login's Blog] was originally intended for the News Section for updates - by me, Login, about the Game, and how I feel about those updates. Now it's turned into IRL stuff!

[anchor]Update Aether[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Waiting For The Update on The Aether Mod. 8/1/2011
Each day seems to be forever, and considering how fast it took them to fix a few bugs the first time, I'm not seeing how it's taking so long to release the next version. It's very tense and exciting!

[anchor]Abandon[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Minecraft - Maps and Work: Abandoning. 8/4/2011
I often abandon many projects that have the potential to become super famous and really good. Many maps (and series) and helpful things have been abandoned due to my lack of ability to stay on one thing for a while. The hardest part, in all honesty, to continue my work, is starting up Minecraft when the idea is in my head. Mainly because I feel bored of it, I get super bored really easily, thus creating a lack of big structures and good games. I have abandoned these topics:
-Minecraft Improvements
-Hostility x100
-MEAR.
What is special about one of these, MEAR, Minecraft Experimentation And Research, is that it managed to get an offer to team up with UTD, and a few other big researches on Minecraft. I try to keep up, but often abandon it.

[anchor]Active[/anchor][Login's Blog]:What Keeps You on Buildism? 8/6/2011
I've always wondered, what keeps you all on Buildism? For me, it's the fact that we have such a great community and the building of this game can be fun if you know what you're doing, although it can be frustrating when you zoom in and realize it's too small, which happens to me often. I also love helping others, but lately others either beat me to it or not much people need helping.

[anchor]Post[/anchor][Login's Blog]: How Many of You Have Read my Posts? 8/7/2011
I want to see how many of you have actually read my blog. Not as if I need to know someone's reading it - it just makes me feel as if I have more things to do knowing someone reads it. If you have read this blog post, and most (or all) of the blog posts, then post a reply to What Keeps You on Buildism in the color red. (the color number is *color=#800000*text*/color* replace the *s with [ and ] - you'll know.)

[anchor]Dubstep[/anchor][Login's Blog]: Who Likes Dubstep? 8/14/2011
Apparently, the Aether for Minecraft has an Enchanted Blue Music Disc which plays the following song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG3aM_fFNn0 and it apparently is very much like dubstep. Thoughts on the song?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Bah. I hate mods. I play build, and survive. It's a lot more fun to me.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(07-26-2011, 04:06 PM)Chaos Wrote: Bah. I hate mods. I play build, and survive. It's a lot more fun to me.

I hate mods myself. But the Aether mod alters nothing of the minecraft world, but rather makes a new dimension called the Aether.
In my opinion, it makes it less realistic.
(07-26-2011, 04:15 PM)Chaos Wrote: In my opinion, it makes it less realistic.

Minecraft isn't realistic. Do you think being able to carry 64 stone blocks is possible? Much less an inventory full of it. Or even being able to punch trees? Or make glass? Or skeletons and zombies and the length of the day and night and creepers?
Let's just say I like it vanilla and try to keep as realistic as it provides.
Scatman John is a legend. :p
Aether mod is more of an expansion, it doesn't alter anything in the regular MC realm.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(07-28-2011, 06:05 AM)Interwebs Wrote: Aether mod is more of an expansion, it doesn't alter anything in the regular MC realm.

Yeah. But it's classified as a mod regardless.
Updated. Minecraft (Sad) Story.