Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The KBI Blog: Qwertygiy
[Blog Start]

Well, you all know me. I'm that moderator who's online a whole lot, is everywhere at once and does a little bit of everything. Wiki work? Done. A 500+ visit game? Done. Collaborative project that's halfway asleep? Done. Alt with an epic user ID? Done. Top 5 poster list? Done. Banning some trolls? More than I'd like... Make some popular skins? Done. Work on some awsome scripts? Done. Have my password guessed and go into a frantic "OhmygoshgottachangeitallbeforeIgethacked" mode? Unfortunately, done.

In addition to all this, I've had my share of non-Buildism issues. During the course of my stay here at Buildism, I've had a close family friend die (on the day I found Buildism, actually), moved from the county where I'd lived my entire life into a new state, and lost contact with one of my closest friends. Oh yeah, and had 3 computers need a total reinstall.

Things might seem hectic, but I'm almost always either way overworked or totally bored out of my mind... I've found out that I am horrible at Frisbee golf, that Gran Turismo and Super Mario Galaxy are only long for so many days straight, that I'd rather not mess around with complex CFraming on Roblox, and that I have a limit on book pages to read of about 1000 per week or I'll go insane.

Oh wait... Aren't I already?
Hm? Who sucks at GT? It's the most easiest game evar to play.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
It's a bit hard with out auto brakes or whatever.

No wait that's Forza 3.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(07-26-2011, 09:58 PM)Interwebs Wrote: Hm? Who sucks at GT? It's the most easiest game evar to play.

It is... if you have the front bumper view. Which means you have the rear-view mirror. The behind-car view stinks.

My favorite "cheat" is to bypass the little chicane on the back turn of Fuji 90's. I can get an extra 10 seconds per lap like that... and 180 A-spec points in a BMW M5 Race Car 2001.

[Blog post]

Man... It is not fun being out in 80 degree heat with a dead battery in your car. -.- That was a frustrating hour.

In other news...

I'm remaking my Smart Spawner script. That old one is from February, when you had to compensate a dozen times over for bugs. And so it's a little bit overcomplicated. I'm also going to upload a new song or two to my site, and maybe make a new Sploder game.

[Blog Post]

Wow... A few days ago, a kinda-famous Robloxian Youtuber, MisterObvious, joined. He was a bit high and "overlordy" at first, and then just became outright outraged when some people didn't think all too highly of him. Via him, some other players came to Buildism -- such as Kawleen, aka BuilderColin. Kawleen was a LOT nicer... he liked the game a lot, and made an ad for it on YouTube... BOOM! 150 more users literally overnight, pushing us over the 2000 mark.

In other news...

They're almost done paving the road outside my house. When that's done, it will be a lot easier getting throughout town...

[Blog Post]

I'm bored.
I'm so bored that I can tell you that there are 109,760 ways to write in lowercase letters "bored" on this forum.
I'm almost bored enough to write them all.
I really don't feel like coding...
I really don't feel like trying to work out some music...
I don't really want to build...
And I've just spent 3 hours with racing so I'm a bit bored of that.
And I've finished re-reading the latest Septimus Heap book...
Sometimes it feels like there's way way way too much for me to do and other times it feels like there's nothing.

[Blog Post]

RE VIVE LA THREAD

Ahem.

Anyway, not too much worth noting has happened in the past few months. With the exceptions of:
  • Due to road construction, my road was renamed.
  • Due to some idiot, my road was renamed Ouiet Cove.
  • Due to some medical tape, it is now named Quiet Cove.
  • Due to Tony Stewart winning the first two races of NASCAR's championship, he has a good chance of winning.
  • Due to Jimmie Johnson wrecking hard into the wall at Charlotte, he does not have a good chance of winning.
  • Due to Dan Wheldon crashing and burning at Las Vegas, the Indy Car world is very very sad.
  • Due to a friend very kindly getting me a gift code for Minecraft, I am working on an awsome system of fortresses, bases, and facilities, which I hope to inform you about regularly.
  • Due to my Java being fixed, I can now help you more actively with any scripting help.
  • Due to the wiki being down, fixing up and working on my games would require an intense amount of Notepad++, GIMP, and tinypic.

Due to making that list, my fingers are tired.
THE ULTIMATE FORTRESS

Here's some pics of the headquarters of my MC project (singleplayer ATM, might make a downloadable later).

EXIT OF DWELLING
[Image: 15alon.png]
I consistently kept walking through the double-doors into the mineshaft instead of going out so I put up this sign Smile

SECONDARY MINESHAFT ENTRANCE
[Image: 4zzrlv.png]
This used to be the way out, but then I connected my dwelling to my main mineshaft and turned this into a secondary shaft. Later, I blocked that way halfway along the passage (no screenshot of it) and made it go up steps through the stone house.
[And yes, I have a chest solely for dirt. Why, I am not sure.]

CHESTS
[Image: 2e5jqci.png]
Organization is key to getting work done, especially when your inventory can only hold so much.

ENTRANCE TO DWELLING
[Image: 24cz5et.png]
This is inside the stone house of the next picture. You go down steps and to the left. Before I built the house, it connected to the mineshaft which you can see in the next two pictures.

STONE HOUSE AND MINESHAFT
[Image: 20pegwo.png]
This was taken from the steps up to the bridge out of the fortress. You can see the entrance to the main mineshaft to the right of the house.

MINESHAFT
[Image: hrxb3t.png]
This one goes a looong way, and then it turns to the left and goes down a looong flight of steps.

TOWER
[Image: 234lkz.png]
Leaving the mineshaft, we can see the tower looming just ahead and overhead.

TOWER WINDOW
[Image: fz2gp5.png]
Sunset over the nearby forest.

PATH OUT OF FORTRESS
[Image: 6zvl15.png]
This view from atop the tower shows you the half-built path from the fortress to other unbuilt structures.

ENTRANCE TO FORTRESS
[Image: deijp.png]
This is the official entrance to the ULTIMATE FORTRESS HQ, showing when it was made and by whom (although the latter distinction might seem a bit useless since it's singleplayer) and what exactly it has.

OUTSIDE THE FORTRESS WALLS
[Image: 9k14wy.png]
And here is my lovely moat (inhabited by a mad, bellowing, mob-eating [possibly] cow) and my front-yard lake, which was intended to be a moat but after the trouble of making one dry moat and filling a small portion of one with water I decided not to take it that far.

EXIT OF FORTRESS COMPLEX
[Image: 2rfzmnl.png]
Remember that odd-looking thing near the end of the path in the view from atop the tower? This is from inside it. The doors lead out to the world.

And that is currently all (mostly) of my MC ULTIMATE FORTRESS. It is in peaceful mode, since I never can seem to find coal in other modes of Survival, but it is made to resist all non-player mob attacks (the in-side of the moat even has ladders to stop spiders from climbing up; that part is not totally done so I'm still working on collecting wood for the ladders).

[Blog Post]

Since there isn't much else I'm doing, an update on the Ultimate Fortress.

I've added an Arrow Creation Facility. Why do I need to create arrows in Peaceful mode? I'm not sure. But it's fun to shoot trees Tongue

ENTRANCE TO ARROW FACILITY
[Image: jskf4j.png]
That unfinished bridge from my last post has been completed (for the moment) to lead into a large dirt structure on the outskirts of the woods and a small lake.

DOOR INTO THE FACILITY
[Image: jzz5nt.png]
Similar to the entrance to the fortress.

THE EXIT
[Image: 2ivim95.png]
The door out, along with a furnace, crafting table, and chests for storing the items needed to create arrows along with some byproducts like chicken meat and some neccessaries like wooden shovels and planks.

THE SAPLING GROWING AREA
[Image: 2q3pvsk.png]
This shows part of the chicken enclosure (for feathers) and the tree-harvesting area (for sticks and shovels).

THE GRAVEL CONVERTING PIT
[Image: w1zrxv.png]
This shows two important features: the gravel mining pit (for converting gravel into flint) and the chicken enclosure ladders. After having a chicken escape via the gate, I decided to use ladders and a walkway instead so I could keep all my chickens inside their pen.
You know chickens can climb ladders right?

Actually, they might not be able to any more, but they definitely escaped my Beta 1.2 chicken farm via a ladder.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.