Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help port forwarding? I'll help!
(08-02-2011, 02:28 AM)Spongebob1212 Wrote: http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...advert.htm

Instructions and i'll do that in the future.

That's an ad, Click skip ad on the top right in black text.
Hello
Ashely, did you ever find your correct router?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
No, I tried =[
Hello
(08-04-2011, 04:07 PM)Ashely Wrote: No, I tried =[

If you do find out where to, go to Command Prompt and type in ipconfig
After that, you should look for the default IP, but instead with different numbers at the end.
Let me give you an example:

Linksys' Default IP: 192.168.1.1
Router Internal IP (The IP you look for): 192.168.1.103

The number should be IPv4 Address one. Use that for the IP to port forward.
Easy guide to Finding your Router:

1. Open up Command Prompt. If using Windows 7, simply type it into "Search Programs and Files" in the Start Menu.
2. Enter ipconfig into the Command Prompt. You will be given 8 Blocks of Information.
3. Scroll up to the top of the Command Prompt. The first block of information should read Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
4. Find the words in that block Default Gateway. It should be located at the bottom of the block.
5. Near the right side of the Command Prompt, you should see something along the lines of 192.168.0.1 (Please note that that was just an example that is used in Qwest Modems, and your Default Gateway may differ from mine). Record this number somewhere.
6. Put that information into an address bar (AKA The place where you type in things such as http://www.buildism.net).
7. Somewhere in that webpage should be the name of your router.It is usually presented as a logo of the webpage.

Hope I helped.
(08-06-2011, 12:47 AM)Player1up Wrote: Easy guide to Finding your Router:

1. Open up Command Prompt. If using Windows 7, simply type it into "Search Programs and Files" in the Start Menu.
2. Enter ipconfig into the Command Prompt. You will be given 8 Blocks of Information.
3. Scroll up to the top of the Command Prompt. The first block of information should read Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
4. Find the words in that block Default Gateway. It should be located at the bottom of the block.
5. Near the right side of the Command Prompt, you should see something along the lines of 192.168.0.1 (Please note that that was just an example that is used in Qwest Modems, and your Default Gateway may differ from mine). Record this number somewhere.
6. Put that information into an address bar (AKA The place where you type in things such as http://www.buildism.net).
7. Somewhere in that webpage should be the name of your router.It is usually presented as a logo of the webpage.

Hope I helped.

Thanks. I knew of this, but as of the moment, I had a lazy streak going on.
im not gonna use it cause i get viruses!!!
(08-06-2011, 09:34 AM)tomi123456789 Wrote: im not gonna use it cause i get viruses!!!

Not going to use what? You won't get viruses from visiting your own router site.
I think he means by port forwarding. My dad is of the same opinion -- it opens up a big hole for viruses to get through.
(08-06-2011, 02:20 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I think he means by port forwarding. My dad is of the same opinion -- it opens up a big hole for viruses to get through.

Viruses can't get in if you don't visit bad sites or download bad things.