Two reasons why I think Buildism's warning system needs to be changed.
Reason 1. It's only viewable from the forums, if the user never forums than they won't notice the warning.

Reason 2. It is too easily ignored, I say it should be like the ban page where it redirects you directly towards it and you can't leave the page until you press a button to reactivate your account.

Also here are some minor offenses only deserve a warning if only done once.

Swearing, Flaming, Minor Spam (Ex.Posting a useless reply in more than one thread.).

Well that's all I have to say about that.

[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
I quite agree with the warning page idea, it would moderate offensive users (who get loads of warnings) alot better as they would see the warning as soon as it is given, and not when checking the forums. (which, as stated by you, someone may never do*)

*Or rarely do
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
(08-03-2011, 09:39 PM)Sazaho Wrote: I quite agree with the warning page idea, it would moderate offensive users (who get loads of warnings) alot better as they would see the warning as soon as it is given, and not when checking the forums. (which, as stated by you, someone may never do*)

*Or rarely do

Yeah, and the warning could still be displayed like it normally does with the levels so it's easy to check back and see why you were warned.
When has it needed to be changes, i see it fine for now, besides not many people get warnings anyway,

My tutaoril to thumbnail your place on buildism Big Grin
----------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dVAulrsKo
[Image: log-2.png]
(08-03-2011, 09:41 PM)EpilkTuess Wrote: When has it needed to be changes, i see it fine for now, besides not many people get warnings anyway,

It actually needs to be changed, have you ever received a warning? It's barely noticeable if you never go on the forums.
Wheras on ROBLOX, if you get a warning it's like you're banned for a moment. I got one recently because some idiot reported all my Buildism Jeff decals (basically, textures to make a 3D model of Jeff -- nothing wrong with them) and it kicked me out of the game I was playing (and conferring with the real MisterObvious about that issue).
(08-03-2011, 09:50 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Wheras on ROBLOX, if you get a warning it's like you're banned for a moment. I got one recently because some idiot reported all my Buildism Jeff decals (basically, textures to make a 3D model of Jeff -- nothing wrong with them) and it kicked me out of the game I was playing (and conferring with the real MisterObvious about that issue).

What I'm suggesting will be similar to this but it won't actually "ban" you and it won't kick you out of a game. However, you wouldn't be able to go on another page until you press a Reactivate button making your account useless until you reactivate it.
I agree with this.

See, THIS is the kind of criticism we need -- not just arguing that the mods are all not doing their jobs, but providing ideas where you think we might need a little help.

Of course, we can't actually do anything about it directly -- but I'll make sure Jacob_ sees this thread.
(08-03-2011, 09:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I agree with this.

See, THIS is the kind of criticism we need -- not just arguing that the mods are all not doing their jobs, but providing ideas where you think we might need a little help.

Of course, we can't actually do anything about it directly -- but I'll make sure Jacob_ sees this thread.

Alright thanks! I'll be posting some other stuff I think needs to be changed.
I totally agree with this!

But I think this would go in Suggestions, idk though Tongue