Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Mini-modding
Mini-Modding will not be allowed, we understand you guys are trying to help but it only causes flame wars and personal attacks.

If you see a thread that belongs in a different section; report it, don't bump it saying it belongs in another section. From now on just report the thread and make sure your report is detailed so our staff can handle it with the right consequence.

What to do when you see a user mini-modding? Report that user and his/her posting privileges will be removed for 1 day.

-Ash
Hello
I find this rule very unfair. How is it bad to remind a user that he's breaking the rules? Unless you do it in a very sarcastic way that insults or "flames" the user who posted it.

Basically from what I understand on this rule is that well I'll just set up an example.

Bob posts in wrong forum.
Steve kindly tells him that he posted in the wrong forum and than reports the thread.
Thread gets moved and Steve get's a one day ban.

That hardly sounds fair.

It's not a bad rule but it's not fair either. If I misread the rule please tell me and I'll reread it a few times.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Ok, Ashely. I will follow the Rules.
I have to agree with Glome on this one.

Yes, you should report threads that are in the wrong section so that we can move them -- but after you report it it might be a good idea to remind them to post in the right section. As long as it isn't flaming at them, or bumping an old thread -- which are against the rules anyway.
(08-04-2011, 01:48 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I have to agree with Glome on this one.

Yes, you should report threads that are in the wrong section so that we can move them -- but after you report it it might be a good idea to remind them to post in the right section. As long as it isn't flaming at them, or bumping an old thread -- which are against the rules anyway.

A common confusion is that it's against the rules to bump old threads, it isn't you can bump them if you have something useful to say.
Then I would deserve a ban because I bumped an old thread.
(08-04-2011, 01:50 PM)Glome Wrote: A common confusion is that it's against the rules to bump old threads, it isn't you can bump them if you have something useful to say.

Saying "This belongs in another section" on a 2-month-old forgotten thread is pretty useless. Nobody cares about that old thread anymore -- it might not even have been in the wrong section when it was made due to new sections being made.
(08-04-2011, 01:54 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 01:50 PM)Glome Wrote: A common confusion is that it's against the rules to bump old threads, it isn't you can bump them if you have something useful to say.

Saying "This belongs in another section" on a 2-month-old forgotten thread is pretty useless. Nobody cares about that old thread anymore -- it might not even have been in the wrong section when it was made due to new sections being made.

Sad And I did it on a 2 months old thread saying the same thing...
(08-04-2011, 01:54 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

I know it was a bad reason to bump I never said it wasn't. It's not a problem anymore I don't want to derail this conversation anymore.

Back on topic now.
@Nice You didn't know about that rule, action's already been taken, so it's not worth doing anything extra about it now.