Hello, Buildism.
Hello, Buildism. I'm a former ROBLOX player and an experienced Minecraft player. I recently heard about this site from a friend. I do work in programming and web development, and i'm available to do work on this site if needed (I'm not sure how actively the mods/admins are checking this forum, but that was maily directed towards them). I hope to see some of you around, and make some good games.

I just hope the community here is better than ROBLOX's.
Hi, welcome to Buildism!

I think Jacob_ has it all under control as for development at the moment, although he is going to college very very soon.

Anyway, Buildism is a 2D sandbox Java-based physics editor and we have a nice, small community. You can make your own skins for your character, and just about any good game that gets made gets noticed immediately. If you have any questions, just ask me or Jacob_ or one of the other mods.
Hello there Player1up,

Welcome to Buildism! I must admit that the community here at www.buildism.net is a lot more relaxed compared to ROBLOX's community. What I mean by "relaxed" is smaller, less uptight (the staff here, unlike at ROBLOX, do not allow members do be rude to other members, and they definitely don't allow harassment of any sort), better support, and a brand new world editor to work with as well as a fun game-play style.

I'm looking forward to seeing you make some games on here. You said you can program; what languages are you familiar with? I'm a young college student studying in the CS / programming fields. I am very familiar, skilled, and knowledgeable in the Java programming language. I hope you don't "know" any languages, because anyone who claims to "know" any language is not telling the truth. Nobody "knows" an entire language.

I'm looking forward to getting to meet you. Have fun!

-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
Thank you, Qwertgiy. I'll begin working on that skin as soon as possible. Anyway, I'll also be quite occupied, as i'm going to be both attending school and working, but if i'm given a chance to help development, i'll find a slot for Buildism in my life, and i'll attempt to help develop this site. However, first things first; before doing anything else on this site, i'm going to have to play some games.
Even if you don't get a chance to truly "make" the Buildism website, you can still (like me) make games and models that can influence everyone else -- we really don't have many good complete games or premade items. My lava model and my rotating spawner are two of the most-used items out there at the moment, just because I was the first to make them and put them as a model.
(08-05-2011, 11:02 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: Hello there Player1up,

Welcome to Buildism! I must admit that the community here at www.buildism.net is a lot more relaxed compared to ROBLOX's community. What I mean by "relaxed" is smaller, less uptight (the staff here, unlike at ROBLOX, do not allow members do be rude to other members, and they definitely don't allow harassment of any sort), better support, and a brand new world editor to work with as well as a fun game-play style.

I'm looking forward to seeing you make some games on here. You said you can program; what languages are you familiar with? I'm a young college student studying in the CS / programming fields. I am very familiar, skilled, and knowledgeable in the Java programming language. I hope you don't "know" any languages, because anyone who claims to "know" any language is not telling the truth. Nobody "knows" an entire language.

I'm looking forward to getting to meet you. Have fun!

I have knowledge in XHTML 5, XML, CSS (both the language and the game :3), Ruby, PHP, Javascript, Lua, Scratch (lol), some Java, C, and C++.
(08-05-2011, 11:08 PM)Player1up Wrote: I have knowledge in XHTML 5, XML, CSS (both the language and the game :3), Ruby, PHP, Javascript, Lua, Scratch (lol), some Java, C, and C++.

O_e Being an expert in Robloxian Lua, Buildism Lua, knowing plenty of HTML, and some CSS, PHP, and Javascript is waaaay more than enough for me...
(08-05-2011, 11:10 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 11:08 PM)Player1up Wrote: I have knowledge in XHTML 5, XML, CSS (both the language and the game :3), Ruby, PHP, Javascript, Lua, Scratch (lol), some Java, C, and C++.

O_e Being an expert in Robloxian Lua, Buildism Lua, knowing plenty of HTML, and some CSS, PHP, and Javascript is waaaay more than enough for me...

You almost have all the languages needed to be a full-time web developer. Just be more of an expert in CSS, PHP, and Javascript and you're set.
I actually do have my own website but what with my music, my ROBLOX, my Buildism, and my real life I don't have time to mess around with it too much.
(08-05-2011, 11:16 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I actually do have my own website but what with my music, my ROBLOX, my Buildism, and my real life I don't have time to mess around with it too much.

Pretty good for a first website, and from what i've heard so far your music is pretty well done. What program do you make it in?