The funny thing between the "same" games.
I've heard talk that buildism copied ROBLOX? If your saying buildism shoud be shutdown for copying roblox, frankly ROBLOX should be shut down for copying lego.

Now, ontopic.

Making a single olayer game on buildism is easy, making a multiplayer game, hard.

Making a multiplayer game on ROBLOX, easy, making a solo game on roblox, hard.

Point.

See, its funny how to two games of which same contributed idea, building have two completely different features.
Fun helpful guy Wink
And this stuff?

[Image: 36009m-display.jpg]

That's KNEX, not Lego.

So if THEY can get away with that, and Roblox hasn't been sued yet, how is Buildism, which is obviously more original than those, going to get in trouble for making a sandbox Lua-based building game with rectangular characters?
(08-09-2011, 01:32 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And this stuff?

That's KNEX, not Lego.

So if THEY can get away with that, and Roblox hasn't been sued yet, how is Buildism, which is obviously more original than those, going to get in trouble for making a sandbox Lua-based building game with rectangular characters?

Didn't ROBLOX get sued by Lego for circle studs?
Magnetix and Geomag?
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
ROBLOX Actually Grew off of Blockland as I heard, ROBLOX Also has some of blockland Skybox's and Sounds. Also, ROBLOX's Old starter Place was just like Blocklands Bedroom.
(08-09-2011, 01:36 PM)LOL Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 01:32 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And this stuff?

That's KNEX, not Lego.

Didn't ROBLOX get sued by Lego for circle studs?

I'm not sure, But probably if they changed to square stud's Lol.
"A prototype version of Blockland, known as 'beta' or 'v0002', was released November 2004."

"The ImPlicitNgine is a physics engine programmed in C++ that is used in the online game ROBLOX. David Baszucki, the CEO and co-founder of ROBLOX Corporation, created this engine in 2004."

I think they were started at about the same time.
Actually, ROBLOX misread Lego's recent copyright. Lego copyrighted the MINIFIGURES and other existing logos. ROBLOX went stupid and though it meant the block design in general.

Kre-o is a bigger copy than K'nex. In fact K'nex is mostly sticks and connectors.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(08-09-2011, 02:17 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Actually, ROBLOX misread Lego's recent copyright. Lego copyrighted the MINIFIGURES and other existing logos. ROBLOX went stupid and though it meant the block design in general.

Kre-o is a bigger copy than K'nex. In fact K'nex is mostly sticks and connectors.

Yeah...
Or MegaBlocks....

Now THAT's a Lego copy.
MegaBlock and Lego comparison

[Image: Mega_Bloks_vs._LEGO.JPG]

Derrr hurrr