coderyne had a chat with me.
About what he thinks is happening to the community and how we should help change it for the better.
Its kind of long.. but i suggest reading it. He knows what he is talking about.

CoderRyne: Well...

CoderRyne: I have four major problems with the community right now. These problems must be fixed or more mods will leave, the community will get used to their unproper lifestyle, and the forums will stay unapealing to new members who like to forum.

CoderRyne: Let me first tell you this: I've owned, managed, and moderated so many communities that it isn't even funny. I know what I'm talking about, and my predictions for Buildism are already coming true. I'm a college student and I'm studying game development & programming. Part of my career will have a lot to do with management. Please understand that I'm not just some idiot trying to get his way.

CoderRyne: I'm here to help.

CoderRyne: Now...

CoderRyne: Let me tell you the same problems as I have told Ashely. I saw almost no improvements even after I spoke with Ashely.

CoderRyne: I'm going to ask you to please consider these issues and perhaps fix them before things get too out of hand. Here is my list:

CoderRyne: 1.) This "order and the house" crap needs to stop / end ASAP.

CoderRyne: It's starting a few flame wars, many personal attack threads and posts, and it's attacking staff like Ashely. I cannot believe that this has gotten this far with all the mods that you guys have.

CoderRyne: I'm not even foruming right now because of this stuff.

CoderRyne: Ashely is being flamed, trolled, harassed, hated on, etc.

CoderRyne: How can anyone allow a staff member to be treated this way?

CoderRyne: This is the COMMUNITY MANAGER.

CoderRyne: There is no sense in this.

CoderRyne: 3.) Apparently, the staff are not doing their jobs either. None of them, really. We need to get the staff acting on things again instead of simply discussing these problems in their little safe staff forum.

CoderRyne: For example...

CoderRyne: Look at a few of the threads by Paradox, et

CoderRyne: etc*

CoderRyne: Even staff posts...

CoderRyne: They are responding to all this junk... yet, they are not cleaning it up.

CoderRyne: That leads me to my fourth point.

CoderRyne: The forums are a complete, utter mess with crap about Ming-Yan's demotion (which all comes back to the house crap which I discussed first because they started this...), and now that Ming-Yan is gone, everyone is hating on Ashely...

CoderRyne: To continue that point further, people are now asking on the public forums if they deserve a promotion, or whatnot.

CoderRyne: And to continue the point even further, a lot of the newest threads are against ashely or about ashely. I can almost promise to you that if you read all of them closely, you would find a lot of posts in them that are negative.

CoderRyne: How can a large staff team like this let all of this go?

CoderRyne: :/
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
Hope you don't mind, but I spaced it out. (easier to read)
I have a thing to say about the staff letting things go, some things were allowed to go, such as small and not-so-harmful things, but I have been looking around a lot of the Ashely threads, and I often feel they're trying to say their opinions, rather than flaming.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
I agree that they are stating their opinions. But some of them are saying we should get rid of her. Thats not acceptable.
An opinion to get rid of someone is an opinion - whether you agree with it or not. If people have no say in who they think is bad at staff members, then this fails to have a full opinion.

When flame wars such as saying "[User] Sucks" or along those lines, then action should be taken.
Your right. But these opinions are tearing apart the community. Everyone is turning on eachother. Pointing fingers at the mods. Thats not how a good community should be acting. We all said that we are nothing like roblox's community. That we are all nicer. If a roblox rt'er came here right now. They would feel right at home with all the stuff that is going on. I think we all need to be more strict like ashely.
I agree. Right now it IS a bad situation.
It WAS a bad situation. I think we're over the worst, but we need to prevent it from happening again.

I thought about this some earlier today away from the computer, and I basically summed it up as we had a rebellion against Ashely, started by LOL's "house and order", and Ming-Yan's demotion. Duck, Glome and broloxer joined in; and it escalated.

We really do need to stop this from happening again.
In the time anyone beyond this point responds to the thread, you could have cleaned up a bad one.
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]