Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's useless to criticize Jacob_ and the mods.
I have been noticing plenty of posts recently that talk negatively about Jacob_ and the mods. I'm not very active, so idk if this has been said before, but I don't care, I'm posting it anyway.
It's Jacob_'s site, he can do whatever he wants with it. That includes allow mods to do stuff that people who pretend they own the site don't like. If he wanted to, he could redirect the forums to a gross shock site. He could ban everyone and wipe the forums and invite completely new members and just start the community over from the start. He could change the site address and name and not tell any of us.
I don't care if you flame me. I'm just making a point.
[Image: bandcampbanner.png]
Without the community this website would go no where.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
This is correct. As I have been saying repeatedly for the past month or two, complaining about stuff on the forums is unlikely to get anything done and will usually lead to a flame war. And if your post is very angry/emotional, I will just assume that you were upset when you wrote it and ignore it.

If you really want to get something done, send me a PM or an email. I'm in charge of all the mods, and they'll listen to me because I have the power to fire them. Smile
(08-10-2011, 05:56 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: This is correct. As I have been saying repeatedly for the past month or two, complaining about stuff on the forums is unlikely to get anything done and will usually lead to a flame war. And if your post is very angry/emotional, I will just assume that you were upset when you wrote it and ignore it.

If you really want to get something done, send me a PM or an email. I'm in charge of all the mods, and they'll listen to me because I have the power to fire them. Smile

Alright jacob I will start sending you a personal message with every complaint I have.
and question
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
And because of this we have no right whatsoever to try to improve the site or share out opinions on the site so it can be made better, why would anyone want to do that?!
(08-10-2011, 06:01 PM)Duck Wrote: And because of this we have no right whatsoever to try to improve the site or share out opinions on the site so it can be made better, why would anyone want to do that?!

Posting threads about the site or the game is not a problem. It's the threads about moderation or the community that can go bad, since these topics are often incendiary (meaning they lead to flame wars) and sometimes the person posting them has no idea what they're talking about.

PMing me is an acceptable alternative that is more likely to get something done, and doesn't lead to flame wars. Also, you can talk about a specific staff member that way without having to worry about them reading it.
(08-10-2011, 06:07 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 06:01 PM)Duck Wrote: And because of this we have no right whatsoever to try to improve the site or share out opinions on the site so it can be made better, why would anyone want to do that?!

Posting threads about the site or the game is not a problem. It's the threads about moderation or the community that can go bad, since these topics are often incendiary (meaning they lead to flame wars) and sometimes the person posting them has no idea what they're talking about.

PMing me is an acceptable alternative that is more likely to get something done, and doesn't lead to flame wars. Also, you can talk about a specific staff member that way without having to worry about them reading it.

I know, and I understand the difference, I'm just pointing out a flaw in his theory.