Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will start learning Java.
(08-11-2011, 03:31 PM)noob007 Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:23 PM)CoderRyne Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:09 PM)noob007 Wrote: In my opinion assembly is one of the most useful languages - it allows you to do really low-level things, such as make an operating system.

But why I think it's a really good language to start off with is because of this:

Once you know and understand assembly, you understand how the computer and the OS work internally. That makes you a better programmer overall when you learn the higher-level languages.

And yes, I do know assembly. Though I don't use it much.

That was excellent input. Thank you for telling me! I will say that if a new programmer would follow your take on learning Assembly as the *first* ever language he or she would learn, then the new programmer would probably lose interest in programming in general for silly reasons such as, "this language is boring. Programming must suck..." or others. This is the reason in which most CS / programming dropouts decide to drop out at my college. I don't know if this is the same with other colleges.

To me, C would be the best language for someone to learn first because it gives them a great idea about what programming really is now days, with OOP and all. Not only is C easier to learn but it's also a lot more interesting when I compare it with Assembly.

Regardless, I would still recommend to people who want to jump right into programming like Nice to learn Java first.

I do agree that learning assembly as a first programming language requires lots of willpower (and time). C is also a great language to learn, but if you also want OOP I would suggest C++, for C has barely any OO in it.

That's true about C not having a lot of OO in it, but then again, when you use other C libraries outside of the standard, then OO starts to pour into the language very quickly.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-11-2011, 03:35 PM)CoderRyne Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:31 PM)noob007 Wrote: lots of quotes

That's true about C not having a lot of OO in it, but then again, when you use other C libraries outside of the standard, then OO starts to pour into the language very quickly.

Yes, pretty much any language can simulate OO one way or another, and it's pretty easy to do so in C (function pointers ftw).
Hey ya I am also learning Java online, but found some difficulties, because there were nobody to help me out when the problem arises. So can you suggest me what to do??????
You can try asking me :o