CubeBomb
Cubebomb is better then this =/ nuff said, please ban me. im halokevin there btw ;D
CB doesn't even have a game.
And we aren't going to ban you for your opinion.
(08-13-2011, 02:20 PM)Paradox Wrote: CB doesn't even have a game.

well, theyre working on it, plus they have a shop, a user shop, characters that arent only 8 pixels like buildism, and currency, forum, wiki, friend requests, ability to gift things, and lots more.
(08-13-2011, 02:32 PM)Vast Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 02:20 PM)Paradox Wrote: CB doesn't even have a game.

well, theyre working on it, plus they have a shop, a user shop, characters that arent only 8 pixels like buildism, and currency, forum, wiki, friend requests, ability to gift things, and lots more.

Please remember that they are older than us.
I see.

What exactly does CubeBomb have that we don't have (besides currency, which is probably coming very soon, and the "ability to gift things")?

Sometimes characters that are "8 pixels" that can actually move in a game at the same time are a lot more useful than huge, rounded-rectangle / square shaped characters that only sit there for peoples avatars. From what I do know, CubeBomb doesn't have a game and I don't believe that the owner is trying to make one at this point in time.

What I also know from my own experiences with game programming is that programming a game as large-scaled as CubeBomb in C++ with only one developer and programmer would take a very *very* long time. Until I see a game, I can't say that I agree that CubeBomb is "better than Buildism".

I'm sorry if I offend you, but if you can give your opinion, then I can give mine too.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-13-2011, 02:45 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: I see.

What exactly does CubeBomb have that we don't have (besides currency, which is probably coming very soon, and the "ability to gift things")?

Sometimes characters that are "8 pixels" that can actually move in a game at the same time are a lot more useful than huge, rounded-rectangle / square shaped characters that only sit there for peoples avatars. From what I do know, CubeBomb doesn't have a game and I don't believe that the owner is trying to make one at this point in time.

What I also know from my own experiences with game programming is that programming a game as large-scaled as CubeBomb in C++ with only one developer and programmer would take a very *very* long time. Until I see a game, I can't say that I agree that CubeBomb is "better than Buildism".

I'm sorry if I offend you, but if you can give your opinion, then I can give mine too.
dont you work with cubebomb ryan? anyways u can have ur opinion, and they are working on game.

Buildism is better. Buildism Layerout is Nicer. Everything is nicer.
(08-13-2011, 03:00 PM)Vast Wrote:

dont you work with cubebomb ryan? anyways u can have ur opinion, and they are working on game.

My days with working on CubeBomb ended a long long time ago. I'm not getting into that right now.

I looked into that "game" they are working on. Apparently, it's made by some user who happens to know a thing or two about JavaScript. I hate to inform you guys that you can't make a good, decent, or even a so-so game with JavaScript without two things at the very minimum:

1.) You need to find some sort of code library to create games in JavaScript with, because by default, this web language isn't meant for creating games without any additional libraries. From looking at an example that your "game coder" has been writing for you, it doesn't look like he is using anything other than plain JavaScript. I don't think that there are actually any really decent ones out there for free. I might be completely wrong about this too, because I don't think there are more than one or two out there all together. I don't use JavaScript, so I wouldn't know. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then sorry, but I don't have time to explain it to people who don't know anything about programming.

2.) JavaScript is a terrible language for programming games in to begin with (unless you are a huge game engine company such as Unity). With that being said, if the coder of this CubeBomb game intends to make this actually work out properly, then he needs to build a team. This team should not consist of people from CubeBomb, rather, people who are hired as professional programmers with a lot of knowledge, skills, and experience with JavaScript. Of course, these people would probably need to be paid a lot of money.

Why make a game in JavaScript? Even C++ is a 10X-20X better language for making your game. Sorry, but that's a fact. I would know since I was at one point coding your game for you guys.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-13-2011, 03:43 PM)CoderRyne Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 03:00 PM)Vast Wrote:

My days with working on CubeBomb ended a long long time ago. I'm not getting into that right now.

I looked into that "game" they are working on. Apparently, it's made by some user who happens to know a thing or two about JavaScript. I hate to inform you guys that you can't make a good, decent, or even a so-so game with JavaScript without two things at the very minimum:

1.) You need to find some sort of code library to create games in JavaScript with, because by default, this web language isn't meant for creating games without any additional libraries. From looking at an example that your "game coder" has been writing for you, it doesn't look like he is using anything other than plain JavaScript. I don't think that there are actually any really decent ones out there for free. I might be completely wrong about this too, because I don't think there are more than one or two out there all together. I don't use JavaScript, so I wouldn't know. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then sorry, but I don't have time to explain it to people who don't know anything about programming.

2.) JavaScript is a terrible language for programming games in to begin with (unless you are a huge game engine company such as Unity). With that being said, if the coder of this CubeBomb game intends to make this actually work out properly, then he needs to build a team. This team should not consist of people from CubeBomb, rather, people who are hired as professional programmers with a lot of knowledge, skills, and experience with JavaScript. Of course, these people would probably need to be paid a lot of money.

Why make a game in JavaScript? Even C++ is a 10X-20X better language for making your game. Sorry, but that's a fact. I would know since I was at one point coding your game for you guys.

As you're right about games in javascript being terrible it is possible to make simple games in Javascript and HTML5.

Anyway I checked out cubebomb I probably won't join it... it looks kind of ermmm boring.

No offense.
[Image: OAgDZ.png]
I'm sure you can make simple games in JavaScript and HTML5, but CubeBomb is by no means "simple", and the maker of the new "CubeBomb game" is using plain HTML and JavaScript.

I'm not offended.
Oh, and I don't know if you know this, but the "programmer" predicts that the game will take between 1-2 years in completion time. For a game coded by one inexperienced coder with plain JavaScript and HTML, not only will the game probably never come out at that rate, but if it ever does, it won't be good by any of today's or even the past's standards.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel