CoderRyne is Sick
He has the flu and will not be on.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Thank you for letting them know. I'm feeling a lot better, but after a lot of dehydration, I am exhausted beyond belief. I am pretty sure that this is a 24 hour flu considering the fact that it started last night right around midnight and it quickly got worse until about three or four hours ago. I'm still not feeling well, but I'm getting over it quickly. Hopefully this is a good sign, but there is the possibility that "feeling better" is just a symptom that will only lead on to more symptoms.

I'm sorry that I was inactive for the entire day today; I can't help it when I get sick. I hope you guys can understand. I need to rest for a while now, my parents don't like when I'm on the computer while I'm not well.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-16-2011, 04:02 AM)CoderRyne Wrote: Thank you for letting them know. I'm feeling a lot better, but after a lot of dehydration, I am exhausted beyond belief. I am pretty sure that this is a 24 hour flu considering the fact that it started last night right around midnight and it quickly got worse until about three or four hours ago. I'm still not feeling well, but I'm getting over it quickly. Hopefully this is a good sign, but there is the possibility that "feeling better" is just a symptom that will only lead on to more symptoms.

I'm sorry that I was inactive for the entire day today; I can't help it when I get sick. I hope you guys can understand. I need to rest for a while now, my parents don't like when I'm on the computer while I'm not well.

Drink plenty of fluids (Gatorade works great). I made a mistake by not drinking enough and ended up passing out.
A 24-hour period of inactivity is no big deal; me and Login have had periods where we've only been able to come on about an hour a week due to technical failures.

Anyway, I hope you feel better -- I remember having the flu back in... was it '09? when it was really bad everywhere. I still feel ill when I smell Glacier Freeze Gatorade now...
(08-16-2011, 04:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: A 24-hour period of inactivity is no big deal; me and Login have had periods where we've only been able to come on about an hour a week due to technical failures.

Anyway, I hope you feel better -- I remember having the flu back in... was it '09? when it was really bad everywhere. I still feel ill when I smell Glacier Freeze Gatorade now...

Lucky for me I was immune to h1n1 Flu (swine flu) and I never had to get the shot or even the vaccination. I was immune to it by my genes, apparently. My whole family had it, and I even drink from their soda (we use cans) and I never got the flu.
(08-16-2011, 02:14 PM)Ice Wrote: Drink plenty of fluids (Gatorade works great). I made a mistake by not drinking enough and ended up passing out.

Don't drink milk. Milk is bad to drink while you are sick. It upsets your stomach.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
It wasn't h1n1 -- it was the year before that. But I got a mild case of that too.

Basically, avoid anything too thick or sweet -- gatorade is okay, kool-aid maybe, ginger-ale if it's not too bad, but not juices, milk, or any strong sodas at first.
And how ironic is this -- I just found out I have a low fever... Nothing terrible, but I might not be full strength for a day or two.