Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule update
Suicide is now mentioned in the "no illegal activities" rule.

It was technically there from the start, but while reading a thread on TheAdminZone today I learned that if someone on your website talks about seriously attempting suicide, you are required to do something about it. If you know the contact information of their family member, or can retrieve it somehow, you have to tell them. If you know where the member lives, you have to call the police. If you don't know either of those, call their ISP and tell them to call the police.

If you don't do anything about it, and the member actually commits suicide, you can go to jail. If anyone tries to talk them out of it on the forum, they can go to jail too for counseling without a license. So while you might not care about getting temp banned, I'm sure you don't want the police showing up at your house or me telling your mom. I know this might seem creepy, but when it's a matter of life or death (or me not going to jail) I will take it much more seriously than the typical forum drama.

TL;DR: if you say anything on here about making a suicide attempt, I will not only temp ban you for breaking a rule, but call the police or your parents.
"Talk them out of it" you go to jail for that if you try to help them? Isn't that what most schools tell us to tell people who want to commit suicide to help them - saying things like "You look good" or "You are a great person" are things that make people not suicidal. Professional advice is not always needed.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Isn't this american law though...?
Yep, it's not a crime in England & Wales, only euthanasia is, so I can talk someone out of suicide without a license. (Suicide is not a crime, neither is counselling them without a "licence" )
(09-11-2011, 03:59 AM)Login Wrote: "Talk them out of it" you go to jail for that if you try to help them? Isn't that what most schools tell us to tell people who want to commit suicide to help them - saying things like "You look good" or "You are a great person" are things that make people not suicidal. Professional advice is not always needed.

What a great country this is.
(09-11-2011, 08:52 AM)LOL Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 03:59 AM)Login Wrote: "Talk them out of it" you go to jail for that if you try to help them? Isn't that what most schools tell us to tell people who want to commit suicide to help them - saying things like "You look good" or "You are a great person" are things that make people not suicidal. Professional advice is not always needed.

What a great country this is.

i no rite aMerica is best cantry evur
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(09-11-2011, 03:40 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: If you don't do anything about it, and the member actually commits suicide, you can go to jail.

If anyone tries to talk them out of it on the forum, they can go to jail too for counseling without a license.

The 2 most idiotic laws I've ever heard. But they don't apply to me.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.

^^
i sream like this
[Image: th_TrevorScream.gif]
I BURN U DOWN :gun_bandana:
GO HERE NOW TO SEE M AWSOMNESS
http://ilegit.myminicity.com/