Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robots [Working title] [Collab project]
Application
Please fill this out for my convenience if you want to help
Code:
Applying to be: (Graphical artist, scripter, builder, musical artist,e.t.c.?)
Can you get on buildism for at least an hour on an average day?: (Y/N)

Story
(If you have ideas for a different story, or ideas to improve this one, please post them)
You are a robot, which works in a nuclear plant. All the human workers consider you inferior to them; They trip you purposely, or throw things at you. Little do they know, you are defective. You have been given a feelings chip by accident. One day you become very angry, so you go to get revenge. You start by killing the humans in your room, then start your journey towards the reactor core.

Endings
These are the current endings that I have thought of:

Ending 1 - You die

If you die then you will see a cutscene of a janitor robot sweeping the dead human bodies away with a broom.

You will be able to retry from the last checkpoint

Ending 2 - You take longer than X minutes to finish

The reactor core is already in lockdown, the ending cutscene sees you pounding at the door, while you are shredded by bullets.

You will not be able to retry from the last checkpoint*

Ending 3 - You manage to damage the reactor core and cause an explosion

You will see a cutscene of the plant, with a green tint that gets more and more opaque. Once it is completely green, the same effect is repeated, but this time you see a whole country.

You will not be able to retry from the last checkpoint*

Ending 4 - You lockdown the reactor yourself from the inside

As the doors go down, a human fires a gun inside and hits the reactor. You see yourself destroyed by the blast (Green tint effect again). Luckily, the blast is contained. The game ends with a news report talking about what happened.

You will not be able to play from the last checkpoint*

*You will be able to play again from the start

Gameplay

This will be a side scrolling shooter primarily, but the game is deeper.

Since you are a robot you can upgrade yourself. The humans will send other robots after you (bosses), once these are killed you can "loot" them for upgrades. There are three types of upgrade; Leg enhancement, Arm enhancement and weapon. Some arm enhancements double up as melee weapons. You will not gain weapons unless you kill a warbot. There is another type of upgrade, which cannot be looted. "Permanent upgrades". These take the form of discs, which you insert into yourself. You can also get the other three types of upgrade without killing a robot as a freebie sometimes, in the panic the humans have killed some robots thinking they were you, and some are just deactivated; so you can take their enhancements. NOTE: Only one of each enhancement type can be held at a time.

Please suggest any ideas you have
I can make some sprites, but I can only get on weekends.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]