Is there any other kind of website you guys would be interested in?
Qwertygiy, you couldn't have made a better point there.

The game I'm currently writing will probably turn out to be like a Minecraft on steroids, not because it's a ripoff of Minecfraft, but because it will have a few similar features, as well as a ton of additional pieces to the game. I think that Jacob_ would be the perfect addition to my "team", which is currently only Kevin Zheng and myself. The thing is, after we add a third programmer to our team, we will be done "hiring" anyone else.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(10-29-2011, 08:01 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: The game I'm currently writing will probably turn out to be like a Minecraft on steroids, not because it's a ripoff of Minecraft, but because it will have a few similar features, as well as a ton of additional pieces to the game.

Like Buildism is to Roblox.

If I knew any Java whatsoever, I'd be glad to help you out. As it is, if you need any music for your project let me know and I'll try to make some stuff for you. If Jacob_ does decide to join you and/or add it to the site I'm sure it'll be awsome.
(10-29-2011, 08:07 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 08:01 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: The game I'm currently writing will probably turn out to be like a Minecraft on steroids, not because it's a ripoff of Minecraft, but because it will have a few similar features, as well as a ton of additional pieces to the game.

Like Buildism is to Roblox.

If I knew any Java whatsoever, I'd be glad to help you out. As it is, if you need any music for your project let me know and I'll try to make some stuff for you. If Jacob_ does decide to join you and/or add it to the site I'm sure it'll be awsome.

Thank you, but it's nothing like that. Kevin and I own this game, and we already have a website for it. If anything, it would be next to impossible to have Jacob_ take our content and "add it to the site". It's our project; it's as simple as that, lol.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(10-29-2011, 08:01 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: Qwertygiy, you couldn't have made a better point there.

The game I'm currently writing will probably turn out to be like a Minecraft on steroids, not because it's a ripoff of Minecfraft, but because it will have a few similar features, as well as a ton of additional pieces to the game. I think that Jacob_ would be the perfect addition to my "team", which is currently only Kevin Zheng and myself. The thing is, after we add a third programmer to our team, we will be done "hiring" anyone else.

What about that guy that you hired over Steam, forget his name.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
I find a site where socializing is important. Socialization is fun when you have a great look to a site. So focus on design as well - and Jacob_, I've been off due to Burton school and much homework. In Burton, I'm a Web Designer, so I have gotten used to creating icon-like buttons using photoshop from scratch and more.

Anyways, onto the site. A game that would be good? Try a 3D game - people love those. Now here's where it gets tricky: making it not being accused of being like Minecraft just because it's a 3D game that doesn't look pro and has cubes. I am interested, personally, in a site where you have to get something. For example, DNAdopts.com is a great example. Collect "epsilons" and if you want, trade them for epsilons you want.

This something doesn't have to be a pet. It could be as simple as a block. The game itself, however, would be the dueling action of these things gathered. Customize etc. I understand the difficult in coding this, but it just sounds nice. One can hope. Tongue
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]