Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
HippoBlog
The shadow mod is pretty new and was added around 1.0 I believe.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
Here's the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/9409...dows-more/

That super-duper HD texture pack is LB Photo Realism, which I don't have a link to but seems to be pretty popular.

And yes, it's 1.1.
I have to disagree In the Retro style. I think minecraft has his own style of look, I am not saying this to overate his originality, but I just don't find any retro game that looks similar to minecraft. Terraria o the other hand asimilates more a Retro style
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Update info:
Added LeafGreen review.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
Graphics – 8/10 – Quite nice, but the map graphics could improve
Gameplay – 9/10 – Repetitive and tedious at times, but for the most part charismatic and fun
Sound – 7/10 – I think every gets a bit tired after hearing the wild battle tune a few hundred times
Originality – 6/10 – Basically Pokémon Red or Blue, but with a few tweaks
Overall – 91/100 – Excellent

Graphics – 6/10 – Could do with improving
Gameplay – 9/10 – Needs a storyline
Sound – 8/10 – Some sounds and music are annoying
Originality – 9/10 – Similar theme to other games, but quite unique
Overall – 86/100 - Great

WTH is this?
(01-19-2012, 07:09 PM)Mustachio Wrote: Graphics – 8/10 – Quite nice, but the map graphics could improve
Gameplay – 9/10 – Repetitive and tedious at times, but for the most part charismatic and fun
Sound – 7/10 – I think every gets a bit tired after hearing the wild battle tune a few hundred times
Originality – 6/10 – Basically Pokémon Red or Blue, but with a few tweaks
Overall – 91/100 – Excellent

Graphics – 6/10 – Could do with improving
Gameplay – 9/10 – Needs a storyline
Sound – 8/10 – Some sounds and music are annoying
Originality – 9/10 – Similar theme to other games, but quite unique
Overall – 86/100 - Great

WTH is this?

I see where you're coming from, but I think LeafGreen was better on the more important features and deserved a higher score.
True beauty.
Oldies can be goodies.

And of course, the Minecraft review isn't considering most of the hundreds of mods out there for it.
One blog per person, bro.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
REVIVE-AMINATION

Hello people, it's your favourite hippo on Buildism (hopefully) here, updating his blog to make it one of two blogs that aren't dead. Surely a good thing.

I'll probably do this in a more serious manner than my previous FT parody thing, and actually discuss things that vaguely matter (no pokemans for you people). I don't really know where to start, so I'll just ramble.

GENERAL [censored]
Just so you know I didn't actually swear in the title because I'm a good person c:

I will happily take requests for whatever you might want me to discuss, because when it comes down to it there's never anything to talk about. As I recently said, I have a new phone - an htc Wildfire S, which is a clear step up from a T-Mobile Flip. And before that a had a Nokia brick. I named it that because it was so useless. I remember the little paint tool that you could make "art" with, but I wouldn't really call it that because there was a total of about 64 pixels and 1 colour. I think the best thing I ever made with it was a ridiculously simple smiley. :]

I don't think any of you know, but I actually play rugby Big Grin. My team isn't the best, but we beat one of the best teams in the area this season, which can't be a bad thing.

GAMING ST00F
I've been playing a bit more TF2 than usual, whilst on Skype with my friends, although I play on a trade server and hardly ever trade (mainly becuase I'm f2p. It's actually quite fun though, and I'm getting quite good with Sniper, and I've learned the basics with engineer. I've still NEVER played with Demoman or Medic, so tell me if you think I should try them.

The only other game I've been playing frequently is Minecraft. I modded my friends version for him, and I gave him the mods I have. They are:

TooManyItems
Single Player Commands
Timber!
Biospheres
Elemental Arrows
Spawner Gui

You can recommend mods for me too, because I feel that vanilla Minecraft is a bit bland.

BUILDISM

I've been very active on Buildism lately, and I now have well over 1,000 posts. I've been reading through old threads a bit, and sometimes you find really funny posts (funny in the way that you laugh at the poster).

True beauty.
(02-21-2012, 09:32 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote: You can recommend mods for me too, because I feel that vanilla Minecraft is a bit bland.

Some of the best (in my opinion) are:

MACHINATION:

Industrial Craft 2 by Alblaka, RichardG, and the other IC2 devs (awesome machines and cable system)
Red Power 2 by Eloraam (huge trees! volcanoes! tons more bits similar to the repeater!)
BuildCraft by SpaceToad (connect all your machines with pipes; best automation mod)
MineFactory Reloaded continued by TehKrush (automatic tree farms and conveyor belts, among other things. Not intercompatible with HarvestCraft plants though)
PowerConverters continued by TehKrush (BC to IC2 and vice versa)

WORLD STUFF:

ExtraBiomes (classic is best for compatibility!) by MisterFibre
MystCraft by XCompWiz (32,000 dimensions!!!!)
Fossils and Archeology by Flammarilva (raise dinosaurs from DNA in fossils! Or just do what I do and use the bones for crops :>)
HarvestCraft by [I can't spell the username; it's part of Pam's mods] (thousands of foods, dozens of crops, easy-to-get-food trees if you have bonemeal!)

OTHER STUFF:

EnderChest (I forget who made it; he also made what seems to be an improved version of TMI called Not Enough Items)
Millenaire by Kinniken (real villages!)
Mo' Creatures by DrZhark (disable hunter creatures if you have Millenaire)
Equivalent Exchange by x3n0ph0b3 (transmute stuff! Super powerful endgame tools!)
RailCraft by CovertJaguar (more rails and carts)
Better Dungeons by Chocolatin (pirate ships, gigantodungeons, castles...)
InfiTools by mDiyo (Almost infinite types of tools...)
Balkon's WeaponMod by somebody named Balkon who I forget the full username of (Poison darts, knives, cannons, spears... InfiTools has an add-on for it too!)
PortalGun by iChun (Portal in Minecraft. Pure win and I haven't even played Portal.)
More Music Discs by ME! (hehehehe! Dozens of new discs, and it doesn't make them too easy to get.)

All of these should be compatible with each other, provided you've gotten your IDs configured right.