Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Image Based Model Upload.
The games on 2DWorlds involve mostly solid color shapes as the objects. Most of them have the traditional green ground and the traditional blue sky. The games would be more appealing if they had textures and more detailed objects. Having images in your game can already be done, but many users don't know how to use them.

I think there should be an image uploader on 2DWorlds, that would turn images into models that you could use in games. For example, you could upload a picture of a tree and someone could add it to their stuff and use it in his/her game. There could be different catagories such as backgrounds, grounds, and objects that sit on the ground (I don't know what else to call them).

I think this feature is great, and might involve me more in game making.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
I plan on making it possible to upload anything you can save as a .wmodel file soon, which would include textures. The images would still have to be hosted on another site though.

How about making it possible to embed images in the game/model files? It would actually be an easy feature to add, and it would work well with the new insert texture button (just click a "choose file" button instead of entering a URL.)
(11-22-2012, 04:30 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: How about making it possible to embed images in the game/model files? It would actually be an easy feature to add, and it would work well with the new insert texture button (just click a "choose file" button instead of entering a URL.)

This sounds like a good idea, as long as it's easy enough to report/delete possible bad images/models.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]