Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Christmas Break Contests!
Do you want to be in the spotlight of the Buildism community? Compete in one of our Christmas Break Contests!

Rube Goldberg - Make the most complicated machine you can for getting a circle (or a bunch of circles) from point A to point B. Extra credit for making a loop. Prize - "Featured Game" status for 3 months. This means a link to your game will be posted somewhere prominent on your site (to be determined.)

Director - Make a m[/b]ovie in Buildism, then upload it to YouTube. The plot and editing is up to you. Prize: Your movie on the front page of the site

Coder - This is a competition of scripting excellence. The award will be given to the person who makes the most creative, interesting, and unique game or model using scripting. Prize: Featured Game/Featured Model status for 3 months.

Referrer - Invite the most new users to Buildism. Make sure they put your name in the referral box when they sign up.

Have fun!

All contests end on January 6.
Can't wait make another useless contraption!

Nevermind about that I don't have time to do it.
I guess Director for me
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
I'm guessing I'm the referrer, so I'm going to invite some new friends to Buildism from my School. Some will be 12, some will be 13.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
I'm aiming for the Goldberg contraption for now... who knows though, I might get all but referrer XD
I thought I'd go ahead and share my Goldbergian Launcher for those of you who are good at building but not scripting. Basically, you click a sign to create a 3-radius ball. A gate becomes non-collidable for a few seconds, allowing the ball to be rolled out by a velocipad. The camera will follow the ball until a UI button in the top left of the screen is clicked, when the camera will focus back on the gate.

You can edit the script to make a larger, smaller, or different-colored ball. Using math.random(lowest, highest) to replace some of the values, you could even make it random colors or sizes if you want.

Here's the link.

[Image: 2a7ufll.png]

Note: I wasn't able to upload it as an attachment, due to some file transfer error :O

Nearly Invisible Error Text Thingy Wrote:The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.

In addition, x10Hosting was not letting me log in, so I couldn't upload it at my site. Grumph.

And to top it all off, when I tried to finally post this, the site was down again.

>.<

That is why I have had to resort to mediafire.
Sounds like fun.
I am now entering my Contraption in the contest. It isn't complete, but it's functional now. I'll probably add a ton more stuff; but it's now an endless loop featuring a mixer, a tunnel, a tube, and a cannon. I need to work on the cannon's special effects though Tongue
I don't have enough time to make a place so I'll do the coder contest
I have made a Sneak Peek.

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Maybe something to do with the Order and something LOL says causes me to kill my past self.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.