Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many of you would like a currency system for Buildism?
I think this would be a great idea allowing users to sell skins accessories for skins, adding a store would also be great right about now.

It would allow our great game makers a chance to earn something from making a great game.
Hello
Quoted from a recent thread by Jacob suggesting a site reset when the new editor comes out:

(03-14-2012, 07:19 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I think that wouldn't actually be such a terrible idea; however, if it comes to that, we should probably keep the old stuff around too, maybe as a subdomain (old.buildism.net?) or maybe even just as a bunch of files stored somewhere. I'd hate to see most of the past year of my life just get totally reset.

And if this happens, there should probably be some sort of reward for making games and contributing. I know it's been suggesting a hundred times over, but there would be almost no better opportunity for implementing a currency system. It needn't drive the whole system like in Roblox, but it would provide three purposes: Motivation for making games, income for the site, and reason to make more official content.

Personally, I think the skin system should stay the way it is: no "costs", total customization. Maybe break it up into segments -- head, torso, pants -- but I can't see something like tGL's system ever being quite as good as Minecraft's and hence ours. A very small amount of currency could be required to post a skin; however, deleting a skin would reearn you that currency. This way it would be free enough to publish a skin for a friend, but if you want to be a very successful skin maker you'd probably want to get some visits for your game. There's a bunch of ways you could bypass it, so I'm not sure how good of an idea it is.

Models, textures, and tools -- those could be good complements to skins. I don't think requiring currency for models or textures would be very feasible, but having a sort of "toolbox" that players can take into other games could be very useful. In fact, if done right, it could become an integral part of gameplay. Say you have a portal gun, to take a random example. You'd be able to add its name to a list of disallowed tools if you thought it would harm your game, but with some basic scripting knowledge, you could make some really nice easter eggs into games that would require it, without making having the gun be too OP -- make some materials have a script that deletes the "bullet" upon impact so it doesn't spawn portals, for example.

But at the very basic, just a plain reset of Buildism might help get things pumping again.
I don't get why everything evolves around Roblox. This would be a great update not only because it can lead to Jacob getting money to help keep the site up and expand. Users would create models, and skins and be able to sell them in the market.

I think its a great idea.
Hello
(03-22-2012, 05:48 PM)Ashely Wrote: Users would create models, and skins and be able to sell them in the market.

I think its a great idea.

I think there's too many ways to bypass it with models and skins. Your friends Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V won't suddenly vanish off your OS, and imagine how easy it would be to download a model then republish it, maybe with a minor change to stop some "copy filter" from recognizing it?
And there's the url (I can't remember it) that lets you get someone's skin.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
I think it's a good idea. It might give some users a reason to actually create decent games lol.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Hats. Nuff' said.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
HE KNOWS we all want currency
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Lets see if he can add it.
Hello
Just so you know, I was suggesting hats.
By that I mean a trade system similar to TF2 or Portal 2. Some badges should give you hats or what ever items and people can buy hats with real money.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]