Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a website
So I kinda got forced against my will into this website making business, and I'd like your opinions on making good ones.

What should I use more, CSS or Javascript, if I just want a nice "personal" page? (I'm already using PHP a lot because I know it well)
Well...I suggest you go for CSS if you want a nice "personal" page or Javascript if you want to go over the top!
From what little I know about website design: Javascript is much more useful if you want interactive stuff, but CSS is what you want to use if you're doing any aesthetics.
But the new CSS has animations and interactive stuff; is it limited compared to what Javascript can do?
(03-30-2012, 10:00 PM)noob007 Wrote: But the new CSS has animations and interactive stuff; is it limited compared to what Javascript can do?
It all depends on what you want to do.
I have no idea about new CSS stuff (or HTML5); basically, what I know is that if you want any sort of simple decoration (text color, size, and fonts; spacing of the web page so you can have non-"following" bottom bars like the Buildism copyright way down there) you're best off with CSS. Javascript is used for more advanced things (especially when you combine it with PHP) where you want things like, for example, embedded youtube videos or audio players or dynamic game pages where you have a list of buttons and clicking one makes game A appear in a box; clicking another makes game B appear in a box; etc.
CSS is for making websites pretty, Javascript is for making them do cool things.