Shop Category
Would we ever consider for "Character Parts" or a different section of the shop meant just for the Admins/Mods?

What I mean by this is only "we" can create and sell stuff in that section. I only suggest this just because it seems like the users could look forward for something to be released. (e.g. new hat, gear, or whatever)

Yeah, I was actually thinking of this, but never got around to suggest it. It's a good idea, in my opinion.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
Well, there are a few ups/downs I'd like to point out.

Positive
  • It makes things less chaotic and much simpler for newer or less talented users looking for quality items.
  • It could give artists like Excel or Glome who aren't on the mod team something more to work towards: getting some of their art into the official Store.
  • It gives us a non-stressful duty as moderators to do. Always good Big Grin

Negative
  • Copying may increase, through copying store items and uploading them as user content. Not too worried about this in general because the same thing could happen with the current system.
  • It may not seem to fit with the current setup. Jacob_ has done a very nice job making the system very simple and easy to use by everyone. An official store might make it a bit less so.
  • Not all of the mod team are neccessarily good artists, nor are all their work neccessarily as good as their best or even average. Case in point, Ashely and myself. No offense or anything, but pretty much all of your skins have been made by other users for you Ash, and if you look towards my earlier skins... I honestly can't remember why I didn't delete Hooded Creeper, for example. Of course, this issue could be eliminated by what I mentioned above with "elevated items" by normal members.
I think it would be a great idea to have a Categorized Store with Hats, shirts, pants, and gear. I also like the idea of having staff only making items although we don't have many artist staff members. If we were to do that we could hire Excel, he's a great artist.
Hello
(04-04-2012, 09:57 PM)Ashely Wrote: I think it would be a great idea to have a Categorized Store with Hats, shirts, pants, and gear. I also like the idea of having staff only making items although we don't have many artist staff members. If we were to do that we could hire Excel, he's a great artist.

Agreed. Also, mixed with what Qwertygiy was saying, we could even have some contest and the "best item" could get into the catalog/store.