Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright guys, enough with the Anti-Ashely stuff.
I know, I know, it's tempting. Ashely does something controversial and everyone wants to rage about it. But since when has that ever done any real good? Did it help Ming-Yan regain his job as sectional moderator? No, and the only real issue there was that there was a lack of communication about the subject. Did it help CoderRyne overthrow Ashely in August? No, all it did was shut down the site for a week, knock down activity ratings to pre-April, and nearly cause an outright closure.

It IS still against the rules to personally attack another user, and it's also against the rules to post complaints about moderative actions. If you don't like it, PM Jacob_.

Everyone's been discussing it in the mod forums and yes, it seems Ashely isn't quite on the same page as the rest of us. Maybe she was just having a bad day and Kieron pushed her over the edge -- I've been there before. But it's a lot easier for everybody to work everything out and be a good moderation team when we don't have the community rioting in the background and calling for blood.
She was asking for it, even though I wasn't involved in the visual assaults.
I'm not defending what she did, I'm saying that two wrongs don't make a right.
(05-31-2012, 10:38 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Everyone's been discussing it in the mod forums and yes, it seems Ashely isn't quite on the same page as the rest of us. Maybe she was just having a bad day and Kieron pushed her over the edge -- I've been there before. But it's a lot easier for everybody to work everything out and be a good moderation team when we don't have the community rioting in the background and calling for blood.

no, she was just acting the way she always does.
White knight to the rescue?
Which side are you on, Qwerker? Us or her?
(05-31-2012, 10:43 PM)Franco30557 Wrote: Which side are you on, Qwerker? Us or her?

For me both sides are somewhat wrong
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
I'm on the side of law and peace. I really do not want a repeat of the debacle that happened in August. That event is the biggest single reason why we do not have twice the active users we have today.

When someone does something wrong, don't do something wrong back.
(05-31-2012, 10:46 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I'm on the side of law and peace. I really do not want a repeat of the debacle that happened in August. That event is the biggest single reason why we do not have twice the active users we have today.

When someone does something wrong, don't do something wrong back.
It's called retaliation.
If you were in war, and someone shoots a cannon at you, do you shoot back?
What's the "law and piece" side? o_O
Bad example. We are not in a war or anything resembling a war.

If you were in a street fair and someone tripped someone else, do you punch the tripper and start a riot?