Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder: Complaining about moderators, or mod actions, is against the rules.
Rainbow 
The rules have always been clear about this, and a mod making a possibly bad decision does not mean you can break the rules. The proper way to deal with a mod action that you disagree with is to PM them about it, and PM me if you're not satisfied.

All of the posts and signatures breaking this rule have been deleted, and anyone posting more will get a 1-day ban.
Freedom of speech.
This is your fault for not listening to us the first time.
Soo.. main question.
What happens to Ashely?
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Freedom of speech only applies to governments, not private businesses or websites. If we had true freedom of speech here, then there wouldn't be any rules.

The mod issue is being dealt with in private, posting crap everywhere is only going to make everyone mad. If you actually want to make a difference, then send a well-reasoned PM about it. An immature spam wave is not going to help your case.
(06-01-2012, 12:25 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: The mod issue is being dealt with in private, posting crap everywhere is only going to make everyone mad. If you actually want to make a difference, then send a well-reasoned PM about it. An immature spam wave is not going to help your case.
Okay, will you at least tell us what decision you guys come too?
I believe we should at least now what happens.

[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(06-01-2012, 12:25 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: The mod issue is being dealt with in private, posting crap everywhere is only going to make everyone mad. If you actually want to make a difference, then send a well-reasoned PM about it. An immature spam wave is not going to help your case.
Neither is silencing our opinions simply because you don't like them.
(06-01-2012, 12:25 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: Freedom of speech only applies to governments, not private businesses or websites. If we had true freedom of speech here, then there wouldn't be any rules.

The mod issue is being dealt with in private, posting crap everywhere is only going to make everyone mad. If you actually want to make a difference, then send a well-reasoned PM about it. An immature spam wave is not going to help your case.

Private businesses or websites do have Freedom of Speech. All American websites abide by American Law so they must follow the First Amendment.

"If we had true freedom of speech here, then there wouldn't be any rules." There's this brand new things called Laws.
Quote:The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. (source)

Last time I checked, Buildism wasn't the U.S. Congress. US laws do apply, but there isn't a law that says you have to let forum members complain about moderators.
And there's a difference between saying "I don't like what person X is doing" and insulting person X and starting a riot. If you're going to insist that we obey US laws and stipulations that don't apply to the internet, then I'll go ahead and point out that in the real world you CAN be arrested for disturbing the peace.
(06-01-2012, 03:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And there's a difference between saying "I don't like what person X is doing" and insulting person X and starting a riot. If you're going to insist that we obey US laws and stipulations that don't apply to the internet, then I'll go ahead and point out that in the real world you CAN be arrested for disturbing the peace.

The Internet was made by the US Government for the military, so it follows US laws. The WWW was made by some random English guy so it also follows British laws.

You got 2 laws against you.
(06-01-2012, 03:57 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
Quote:The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. (source)

Last time I checked, Buildism wasn't the U.S. Congress. US laws do apply, but there isn't a law that says you have to let forum members complain about moderators.

"abridging the freedom of speech"

That is what you are doing.