Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Walrus leave?
He hasn't been online for a week. Nothing seems right without him. He was pretty funny though.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
No, its just that I've been going to lots of neurosurgeons recently, because my parents and my future surgeon are planning my surgery.
Plus Buildism games don't work on my computer.
qq
And just so you know, I'm going to be having something called "deep-brain-stimulation" surgery, it's basically when they put circuits through my brain down to my chest, and deep brain stimulation surgery is mainly used for extremely severe cases of Parkinson's Disease, Huntingtons Disease, and occasionally Epilepsy, and only a few hundred people in this world have had deep brain stimulation for Tourette's (yes, I have Tourette's and its a very severe case of it). The operation will be very risky though, and I'll be going to have lots and lots of checkups before I have the surgery.
If you'd like to know further information about my case of Tourette's then feel free to ask me.
And I'm still in shock that Jacob_ has Tourette's too, but I doubt he has a severe case.
Tourette's usually doesn't prevent you from doing ordinary tasks in life, but mines does.
Anyways, I hope I can be a bit more active.
And over 95% of people who have Tourette's have minor and/or moderate cases of it, as that's what was said by my surgeon.
I hope the surgery works well. I had a minor surgury on my lip, and I was scared half to death. I just can't imagine having a major operation like that.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
Whenever I think my problems are bad, I look at situations like this and think, "Ouch... If [s]he's coping with that better than I'm coping with this trivial junk, I really need to work on that."

I really hope it all goes well for you.
(07-14-2012, 03:25 PM)Walrus Wrote: No, its just that I've been going to lots of neurosurgeons recently, because my parents and my future surgeon are planning my surgery.
Plus Buildism games don't work on my computer.
qq
And just so you know, I'm going to be having something called "deep-brain-stimulation" surgery, it's basically when they put circuits through my brain down to my chest, and deep brain stimulation surgery is mainly used for extremely severe cases of Parkinson's Disease, Huntingtons Disease, and occasionally Epilepsy, and only a few hundred people in this world have had deep brain stimulation for Tourette's (yes, I have Tourette's and its a very severe case of it). The operation will be very risky though, and I'll be going to have lots and lots of checkups before I have the surgery.
If you'd like to know further information about my case of Tourette's then feel free to ask me.
And I'm still in shock that Jacob_ has Tourette's too, but I doubt he has a severe case.
Tourette's usually doesn't prevent you from doing ordinary tasks in life, but mines does.
Anyways, I hope I can be a bit more active.
And over 95% of people who have Tourette's have minor and/or moderate cases of it, as that's what was said by my surgeon.

Have fun ;o
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Thanks for all of your support.

But I'm really hoping that the surgery can decrease the severity of my tics or just diminish my Tourette's completely, look up what tics are if you wanna know.
And it's highly unlikely for me to get any permanent health problems from the surgery, but its possible like anything.
And some of you will probably think to yourself and say "ohhh y do u ned surgery fo touretetts@11!!!111" well I've tried hundreds of medications, that were prescribed by my neurologist, and nothing seemed to help.
I've also tried things like acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy, reflexology, herbal tea's, holistic medication, and I've also been to 10-20 holistic doctors, it didn't help.

And surgery is my only option left.
Not to mention, there is a 30% chance that the surgery won't help me at all, it could also make my Tourette's worse.
(07-14-2012, 05:00 PM)Walrus Wrote: Thanks for all of your support.

But I'm really hoping that the surgery can decrease the severity of my tics or just diminish my Tourette's completely, look up what tics are if you wanna know.
And it's highly unlikely for me to get any permanent health problems from the surgery, but its possible like anything.
And some of you will probably think to yourself and say "ohhh y do u ned surgery fo touretetts@11!!!111" well I've tried hundreds of medications, that were prescribed by my neurologist, and nothing seemed to help.
I've also tried things like acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy, reflexology, herbal tea's, holistic medication, and I've also been to 10-20 holistic doctors, it didn't help.

And surgery is my only option left.
Not to mention, there is a 30% chance that the surgery won't help me at all, it could also make my Tourette's worse.

Good luck. I used to have really bad Tourette's too (enough for me to get kicked out of church and school...), but the surgery wasn't available back then.
Jacob_, most people who have Tourette's outgrow it at around 16.
Sometimes they can get worse.