Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Complaint
Qwerty I'm not taking sides here and have just skimmed this whole thread but if Franco wants you to stop something, whether you intentionally use it to annoy him or not, you probably should stop if you want to maintain your decency.

Calling someone a moron in jokey terms is okay as long as they feel it is a joke, but obviously Franco does not appreciate it.

Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
(07-24-2012, 06:46 PM)Paradox Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 06:41 PM)Kieron Wrote: The Internet was invented by Americans - therefore, they own it

The WWW was invented by Britons - therefore, they own it.

Buildism is still under the WWW, no escaping that - so the British laws do apply

A certain countries laws only apply to a website if the website is hosted on a server in said country. For example, if Britain had crazy-strict laws against atheism, and a pro-atheist website was hosted in the US, Britain would not be able to do a thing because not only if the site hosted in the US, to shut it down, they would be destroying US property without permission from the US government, which, I'm pretty sure, is against the US's Foreign policies.

TPB was hosted in Sweden. The Americans wanted to close it down - which they attempted and failed, just like they do at all times.

Franco has derailed yet another thread.
(07-24-2012, 06:41 PM)Kieron Wrote: The Internet was invented by Americans - therefore, they own it

Buildism is still under the WWW, no escaping that - so the British laws do apply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_wide_web

Read that page and show me where it says the British own it. From my understanding of it, the World Wide Web is not the Internet, it is a method of using the Internet and it is owned by CERN, not the UK.

And Sazaho, there is a long story behind it which I can PM you if you want, but I have not called him a moron since he started yelling at me for calling him one, and yet he still keeps yelling at me about it.
(07-24-2012, 06:47 PM)Kieron Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 06:46 PM)Paradox Wrote:

A certain countries laws only apply to a website if the website is hosted on a server in said country. For example, if Britain had crazy-strict laws against atheism, and a pro-atheist website was hosted in the US, Britain would not be able to do a thing because not only if the site hosted in the US, to shut it down, they would be destroying US property without permission from the US government, which, I'm pretty sure, is against the US's Foreign policies.

TPB was hosted in Sweden. The Americans wanted to close it down - which they attempted and failed, just like they do at all times.

Which actually proves my point. What TPB is doing is against US (And probably Britain) law, but the fact that they're in Sweden and not in the US (Or Britain) mean that they are untouchable and can't stay hosting.
(07-24-2012, 06:48 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_wide_web

Read that page and show me where it says the British own it. From my understanding of it, the World Wide Web is not the Internet, it is a method of using the Internet and it is owned by CERN, not the UK.

No one said it was the internet.

The UK have more power over it than the rest of CERN.
P.S. Loving how the mods only acknowledge the part about the UK owning the WWW, but don't acknowledge the main point of the thread.
It's not called the World-wide Web for nothing. I'm pretty sure Britain doesn't own 100% of the world.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
So, Franco, Q's not allowed to call you a mourn, not you can call me a plob?
Mourn....
(07-24-2012, 07:25 PM)Fat_Sacks Wrote: It's not called the World-wide Web for nothing. I'm pretty sure Britain doesn't own 100% of the world.

Britian used to own most things.

UNTIL I WAS BORN
this thread is glorious
Kieron, stop trying to shape things to make them your way. There are rules to the site, follow them. Yet you insist on going through the basis of a whole irrelevant matter to prove yourself right, when you are wrong.

Franco, I dare you to name someone active who would actually be better than Q at moderating, clearly not you, clearly not me, no one has dedicated as many hours as him watching over the site. He did something to offend you?, PM him about the matter and in the case you are right, that will help him improve to be a better moderator.
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]