Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old video games vs. new video games
In this thread, debate whether "older" games, "recent" games, or "newer" games are better, or whether it doesn't really matter.

For the sake of this thread, "older" refers to pre-2000, "recent" to 2000-2010, and "newer" to everything made during or after 2010.

For example, nearly all PS2 games fall into "recent", while nearly all PS1 games fall into "older". Portal and Super Mario Galaxy are "recent", while their sequels are "newer".
I'm a bit of both here.

I prefer Imperialism 1 over Imperialism 2 - both would be in your category as older, but Imp1 is older than Imp2.

However, I prefer Civilization 4 over Civilization 2 over Civilization 3 over Civilization 5 over Civilization 1(Recent > older > recent > newer > older)
I'm the same way with the Tony Hawk series.

Tony Hawk 4 (recent) > Tony Hawk 2 (older, maybe recent -- it was either '99 or 2000) > Tony Hawk 3 (recent) > Tony Hawk Project 8 (recent, I think) > Tony Hawk Pro Skater (older) > Tony Hawk Undergrounds (recent) > Tony Hawk Downhill Jam [title?] (newer).
Shouldn't recent be games from 2011-2012?..
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
(08-06-2012, 04:04 PM)When Wrote: Shouldn't recent be games from 2011-2012?..

That's newer.

If a game is good, I play it.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
I like newer games because you're entering a new world of gaming.
I like recent and older games.
New games > old games
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
A lot of my favourite games like SSBB and Pokemon Leaf Green come from recent
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
I generally dislike the new games, its like all the companies are focusing on are the graphics, they don't worry about making a really long and interesting game like they did with older games, such as Gothic, for example.

I greatly dislike the non-Second Wold War CoD games.

Some newer games might be good, but always fail on something, for example, they make them with good graphics and a really fun gameplay, yet the game is really short and easy to complete.