Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Keybored Blog
First post - 8/3/2012

You all know who I am. I'm that guy who joined in February last year when the site was still virtually unknown, became one of the first moderators, made a few okay attempts at games, a few okay attempts at skins, and way, way, way too many posts.

Things have changed a lot for me over the past 6 months, and in an interesting coincidence, as of the day Buildism reset, I found myself back in a reality I can enjoy, and I no longer need Buildism as a place to escape to. But I don't want to just leave you guys behind. We've been through too much for that.

So, I've decided to retry making a blog here. It might become the next Freedom Typers, or it might just be a few random posts that never amount to much and fizzle out after a while. But it'll give me a reason to keep posting here instead of just logging in, reading a few threads, maybe making a few comments in the chat, and logging out again.

So expect random comments on NASCAR, Minecraft, my novel, something going on in Buildism's community, or whatever I feel like putting up. I can't forsee a theme for it all, but I expect it'll be fun.
Post #2 - 8/3/2012

Today I messed around with Minecraft 1.3, which came out a couple of days ago. Had a bit of fun with Kieron on his server, but it was incredibly laggy and eventually became unplayably so. Noticing that iron and gold ore, because they drop themselves, don't give any XP to mine, I decided to attempt to make a mini-mod using metadata so that blocks spawning in the world would give XP and drop as a different meta-data block that would not give XP. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. I'll try again once the Forge API has updated -- that way I won't have to edit any base classes.
Lol, now that's confusing.
Okay, lemme explain it in steps.

> Play Minecraft

> Notice that unlike Coal, Diamond Ore, Redstone Ore, Lapis Lazuli, and Emerald Ore (the last two I haven't actually found in 1.3 yet), Iron Ore and Gold Ore don't drop experience point orbs

> Realize that this is because that the rest all drop items, while Iron and Gold drop the ore blocks, meaning you could get infinite XP by mining and placing them over and over

> Attempt to make mod so that the blocks that Iron and Gold Ore drop are slightly different than the ones that generate in the world

> Fail

> Wait for the Minecraft Forge API to update so I can do this properly
Post #3: 8/4/12, Part One

So yesterday, after the previous blog post, Kieron hosted a server with MC 1.3, and so I joined and we had some fun there, exploring and marking what we thought was a new continent, only to find they were nearly connected at one point (which I have named Gibberishaltar) very close to our base. Curse you, small view distance.

I also attempted to get the Cartoon Network game Fusion Fall working so that I could play with my real-life friend, but unfortunately, my computer very much did not like it, and knocked my hard-drive space down to 0 MB.

So, I got rid of the biggest program I have, and the one which, unfortunately, does not work properly or anywhere close to how it should.

Caroline deleted.

Goodbye, Caroline.

Then, of course, it decided to full-out crash on me. I'd forgotten how stuff like this ALWAYS happened when I tried to play any sort of game with her in the past. It's pretty frustrating.

I also managed to complete the next chapter in my book over the course of last night and early this morning.
I get it. Cool blog.
Yeah, I get it too. Very cool blog.

Just one thing. This blog would be a fail if it talks a lot about Minecraft, but anything else is fine.
I would like to hear a bit more of your novel, I'm quite the avid reader.
Post #4 8/5/12

So, not too much to talk about. I reinstalled the racing MMO I quit last year, called Drift City, and played it a bit, but my computer doesn't like when it closes, and freezes for a while.

I also found this song and can't stop listening to it:

The NASCAR race at Pocono is supposed to be held today, but it's currently under rain delay, so no report from it yet.

No further uploadable progress on my novel yet, I'm afraid.
What is so special about that Portal 2 song? I listened to it and it is good, but how is it that good?!