Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod -> User role reversal
Wow! 2 warnings for the same post and for the same reason!
(08-05-2012, 09:16 PM)Qwerty Wrote: Look, the point here is, all of the mods have clean histories and have proven themselves capable. Not a single active mod has gotten a warning or ban as far as I am aware prior, during, or, in some cases, after them becoming a mod. Some of us, Ashely in particular, have made some controversial decisions, but all of them have been blown out of proportion by your reactions. You guys, the list of rules you have broken at some point would take pages to write.

I suppose I could live with Dignity and Glome When being mods for a period, because despite various bad decisions in the past, they usually show maturity; and although I don't know how well Upper or Who or Micky would be as moderators, I don't think there's much reason they couldn't become one. Goopler and Latin and bikop, you guys just don't seem like the kind of people fit to be mods -- you probably wouldn't go nuts, but I don't think you'd do a great job of moderating either. But Kieron and Invader in particular are, I suppose the word here is unstable. You can be fine one week and then you'll be off at us again for some minor reason.

All of us are moderators because we can do our jobs, and nearly all of the time, we do our jobs well enough in the eyes of Jacob_ to keep doing them. If you think we aren't doing our jobs well enough, there are two things you can do. Tell Jacob_, in a PM or email, clearly and simply what you think we are doing wrong, or leave.

All I'm wanting is a bit of respect within the community. Not some shitty monarchy system run by people who barely ever come online and/or do something for the site.

It is not minor reasons I "be off at you", it's because what I do is valued worse than what others do, even if they do the same or worse. You've never seen any of those people as mods, so you are in no position to judge anyone, just because of how someone acts as a person being constantly harassed(me), annoyed(Franco), never being allowed to get their opinion(Glome) across doesn't mean they won't be bad people to have some power over other people.

However, you've grown up as a stereotypical American - arrogant, ignorant and above everyone else, I'm sorry for you.

"All of us are moderators because we can do our jobs, and nearly all of the time, we do our jobs well enough in the eyes of Jacob_ to keep doing them."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jacob_ can care less about any member of the community, in reality, the mods have overtaken how much power Jacob_ has over the community, I've noticed Jacob_ never gets a say in anything mod related because the mods think they know what Jacob_ is going to say and wants to say. None of you listen to what the community want - only what yourselves want.

LOL, A warning, seriously Ashely? All words are automatically censored, therefore break no rules Smile

I primarily hate the mods because Jacob_ and I had settled over a 1 month IP Ban about a year ago, and all was good - then came the mods who had to get involved and extend my IP ban for 1 year. Then came CoderRyne who tried helping me get my IP Ban down to half a year, and then the mods increased it to 2 years because he tried to lower it.
Don't act surprised. Lol..
You posted profanity
I edited your post and gave warning
You edit and add it again
I gave another warning

You did it to yourself. Don't blame anyone else but kieron..
And when we do something that Jacob_ disagrees with, he says so. Not out in the open to cause more flame bait for you to pounce on, but he will tell us, without being insulting or condescending or mean about it, what exactly he would prefer us do instead of what we did.

Yes, in total terms of raw "power output", we outnumber Jacob_, because we are online more than he is and make most of the immediate "what happens now" decisions. It is far more likely that if someone breaks a rule, one of us and not Jacob_ will be the one to take action. But in the end, he still has the top spot. In government terms, he can veto anything we do, and impeach us if we do something very wrong.

And really, Kieron. How are we harassing you, in any way that is not 10x less than what you are doing to us? Despite Franco and you giving us ample opportunities, we have not (knowingly) insulted the British for any imagined stereotypical mindset. We have not said that you need to be removed from your place in the community. We have not sworn at you or insultingly compared you to bad-imaged historical figures.

And really, are what you trying to get what the community wants, or what Kieron wants? Because you and Glome appear to be the only ones supporting this idea.

(08-05-2012, 09:27 PM)Owerty Wrote: Jacob_ can care less about any member of the community, in reality, the mods have overtaken how much power Jacob_ has over the community, I've noticed Jacob_ never gets a say in anything mod related because the mods think they know what Jacob_ is going to say and wants to say.
Never gets a say?, So he is forbiden to post his opinion? please Kieron...
They don't act in the name of Jacob_, but they know how Jacob expects them to behave and work, that why they are the Mods.

(08-05-2012, 09:27 PM)Owerty Wrote: None of you listen to what the community want - only what yourselves want.

I am part of the community and I don't agree with you, I think they do thier jobs well.

[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(08-05-2012, 09:38 PM)Mother Wrote: Don't act surprised. Lol..
You posted profanity
I edited your post and gave warning
You edit and add it again
I gave another warning

You did it to yourself. Don't blame anyone else but kieron..

I posted a word that gets automatically censored,
All get censored.

You did not edit my post, because I added something, you re-added the warning.

I added another part of the post.
Just quickly posting to show I support the community and think the mods are doing a great job.
I removed the profanity When I edited. You added the curse back.
A word is censored because it isn't suppose to be posted.
(08-05-2012, 09:36 PM)Owerty Wrote: I primarily hate the mods because Jacob_ and I had settled over a 1 month IP Ban about a year ago, and all was good - then came the mods who had to get involved and extend my IP ban for 1 year. Then came CoderRyne who tried helping me get my IP Ban down to half a year, and then the mods increased it to 2 years because he tried to lower it.

You hate the mods over something that happened a year ago and that I have no recollection of? Really?

In case you hadn't noticed, we reset the whole darn site to try to leave all that old crap behind.
(08-05-2012, 09:39 PM)Qwerty Wrote: And when we do something that Jacob_ disagrees with, he says so. Not out in the open to cause more flame bait for you to pounce on, but he will tell us, without being insulting or condescending or mean about it, what exactly he would prefer us do instead of what we did.

Yes, in total terms of raw "power output", we outnumber Jacob_, because we are online more than he is and make most of the immediate "what happens now" decisions. It is far more likely that if someone breaks a rule, one of us and not Jacob_ will be the one to take action. But in the end, he still has the top spot. In government terms, he can veto anything we do, and impeach us if we do something very wrong.

And really, Kieron. How are we harassing you, in any way that is not 10x less than what you are doing to us? Despite Franco and you giving us ample opportunities, we have not (knowingly) insulted the British for any imagined stereotypical mindset. We have not said that you need to be removed from your place in the community. We have not sworn at you or insultingly compared you to bad-imaged historical figures.

And really, are what you trying to get what the community wants, or what Kieron wants? Because you and Glome appear to be the only ones supporting this idea.

All me and Glome want in this community is for a less biased and arrogant moderation staff, we have plenty of evidence to back up our claims - such as your posts.

I find it hilarious how because you and Ashely can't win this yourselves, you delete my VALID points and call upon eachother to fight for eachother and leave 1 person to fight for themself.
(08-05-2012, 09:43 PM)Mother Wrote: I removed the profanity When I edited. You added the curse back.
A word is censored because it isn't suppose to be posted.

Wow, you're full of shit, Ashely. I'm pretty sure Jacob_ is able to see any edits performed and will be able to see behind your lies.
(08-05-2012, 09:44 PM)Owerty Wrote: All me and Glome want in this community is for a less biased and arrogant moderation staff, we have plenty of evidence to back up our claims - such as your posts.

I find it hilarious how because you and Ashely can't win this yourselves, you delete my VALID points and call upon eachother to fight for eachother and leave 1 person to fight for themself.

Alright, go ahead. Find some posts of mine that are "biased and arrogant". Show where Ashely called upon me to help fight for her in this situation, or vice versa. If you have proof, go ahead and find proof that the community as a whole can agree is proof instead of just saying you have proof.