Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest: Create a Buildism obstacle course.
Smile 
Hello Buildist,

To celebrate the rebirth of Buildism we as a community decided to host a contest on Game building. The theme of this contest is to create a obstacle course with at least 5 checkpoints. Creativity is a plus, so be sure to add lava bricks, spinning blades, and whatever can prevent us from getting to the next checkpoint. Scripted games will receive more attention when seeking out winners. Don't know Buildism Lua? Click Here.

How to enter
To enter your obstacle course please set your titles too "Buildism Obstacle course" or place B.O.C somewhere in the title.

Prizes;
-1st Place: 1,500 Bits, Game featured on the Buildism homepage, and a Orange username
-2nd Place: 1,000 Bits, Game featured on Home Page, and a Orange username
-3rd Place: 500 Bits, game featured on Homepage, and a Orange username.
-Entries: Everyone who participates in this Contest will receive 250 Bits.

End Date
Judges will start judging games on August 22nd. The winners will be announced on the 24th.

Question's and Answers.
-What if I don't know how to Build?
All it takes is a simple click on the mouse to express your imagination in a game. With BDSM Lua you can do much more creative things to "WOW" the players when they play your game. You can start learning how to Build here.

Who are the judges?
Buildism Staff will judge each and every single place entered, so be sure to participate in this event.

How many places can I enter?
One.

Can I work with a friend?
Sure! User's in groups of 2 can work on a joint account, and if that place is chosen to be a winner both users will receive the prize given.

Have any questions be sure to post below.

Have fun guys!
Too bad I can't enter, my editor doesn't work.
I might have made an awesome obstacle course.
That's weird, I just tried and it stayed on "Starting Buildism" for 10 minutes before I closed it.
(08-11-2012, 10:29 PM)Mother Wrote: That's weird, I just tried and it stayed on "Starting Buildism" for 10 minutes before I closed it.

That's what happens to me, I click Open Editor, it loads up, then it says Starting Buildism forever until I close it.
NOOOOO
ugh obbies are generic and boring
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
Buildism won't start :c
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
It runs fine for me.

Do you have Java 6 installed or just Java 7?

EDIT: Jacob_'s updated the editor to fix it, he said he'd accidentally compiled it with Java 7 instead of Java 6 and that was causing some issues.
If anyone needs help with small scripting things to help them with their game, I'm here to try to do so.

And remember, it doesn't have to be a Roblox-style obby. Technically, Portal is an obstacle course with a boss battle at the end.
We're not limited to sticking with a platformer, are we?