Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about abortion?
Star 
I honestly don't have a problem with it.
It really annoys me when people consider it 'murder'.
Fertilized eggs aren't even fully developed humans.
Fertillized eggs are CELLS.
People shouldn't be deciding for others like this.
What if a woman was raped? Should they be FORCED to have that baby?
Only a sick-minded religious freak would classify abortion as 'murder'.
I disagree, not because I'm a "sick-minded religious freak", but because you destroyed the future life of 1 person, even though they are cells, they still are biologically alive, and I find it cruel for anything alive to die by the hands of humans, unless they are trees.
I'm with Kireon on this.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
There is a point I'd like to make about this argument.

There is no brain in the cells for months. There is no mind. There is no intelligence. There is no true life. For months, it's just another part of the mother.

Is having your appendix removed because of appendicitis murder? Is having your hair yanked out manslaughter? Both of those are still millions of cells that are removed from your body and die.

There are medical and moral reasons why abortion, while not something that should be common, shouldn't be disallowed.

As Walrus pointed out, rape is one reason; another is that the baby is deformed or has a high chance of being deformed. If one of the parents is diagnosed with radiation damage to their DNA, for example, it's likely that the baby will be vastly hindered, if not incapable, of ever living a normal life. Would you want to bring someone into the world, only for them to never be able to use their limgs, have intense mental conditions (not something that can be overcome like Jacob and Walrus's Tourette's, but something that can literally make communication and understanding with other people next to impossible), and/or have a life expectancy of 5 years?

I would not endorse it as a response to "Oh, I'd rather not go through the pain of giving birth, so I'll abort this pregnancy", but there are situations when it makes more sense to get rid of those cells.
(08-15-2012, 01:31 AM)Kieron Wrote: I disagree, not because I'm a "sick-minded religious freak", but because you destroyed the future life of 1 person, even though they are cells, they still are biologically alive, and I find it cruel for anything alive to die by the hands of humans, unless they are trees.
It isn't cruel at all.
What if you knew that the baby was going to have epilepsy or cancer before you had the baby? Would you still wanna let the baby suffer?
Think about it.
(08-15-2012, 12:45 PM)Walrus Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 01:31 AM)Kieron Wrote: I disagree, not because I'm a "sick-minded religious freak", but because you destroyed the future life of 1 person, even though they are cells, they still are biologically alive, and I find it cruel for anything alive to die by the hands of humans, unless they are trees.
It isn't cruel at all.
What if you knew that the baby was going to have epilepsy or cancer before you had the baby? Would you still wanna let the baby suffer?
Think about it.

Yes, I would. Why?
Because they could do something that could change the world.
Now since I was raised Catholic, this probably is all from their "teachings."
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
It all depends on the situation.
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
@Dignity So letting a crippled, mentally disabled baby with a life expectancy of less than 10 years come into the world and live a short pain-filled life is unavoidable because they might someday "change the world" somehow?

Everything that EVERYONE does at EVERY TIME changes the world somehow.
(08-15-2012, 01:23 AM)Walrus Wrote: I honestly don't have a problem with it.
It really annoys me when people consider it 'murder'.
Fertilized eggs aren't even fully developed humans.
Fertillized eggs are CELLS.
People shouldn't be deciding for others like this.
What if a woman was raped? Should they be FORCED to have that baby?
Only a sick-minded religious freak would classify abortion as 'murder'.

Maybe is not murder but for any mother who has been through an abortion, she will likely have that weight on her mind.

So I think it is the decision of the mother, but could she live knowing that she privated a living being from being born, someone who despite of how he/she came to the world, has avery right to live as everyone else?
(08-15-2012, 12:45 PM)Walrus Wrote: What if you knew that the baby was going to have epilepsy or cancer before you had the baby? Would you still wanna let the baby suffer?
Think about it.

Tests to determine that are usually made after the baby is born. But to answer your question imagine the baby is born with a hereditary disease, like AIDS. With the right medical atention and precautions he/she will be able to carry on a normal life like everyone else.
(08-15-2012, 03:25 PM)Qwerty Wrote: @Dignity So letting a crippled, mentally disabled baby with a life expectancy of less than 10 years come into the world and live a short pain-filled life is unavoidable because they might someday "change the world" somehow?

Everything that EVERYONE does at EVERY TIME changes the world somehow.

Adalia Rose is world famous and I'm pretty sure she's quite happy.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.