2DWorlds Forums
Success of most games like this - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Community (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Success of most games like this (/showthread.php?tid=6865)

Pages: 1 2

Success of most games like this - Chaos - 07-13-2011

Currency.

I see currency as something to earn to buy something.

Wanna know why people build places on roblox? To earn the virtual currency to buy things for their character. It gives the user a reason to play.

I think you should as currency, start us off as blank avatars (with color choices of course) and maybe make a market. Glome is REALLY good with that stuff. He could help.

TRUST me jacob, this is what made roblox and cubebomb so popular. Currency and things to buy.

P.S: Please consider the people's view too jacob, and not just yours. In my opinion, the customer is first.

RE: Success of most games like this - Ashely - 07-13-2011

You have a valid point, build to get money.

I voted yes.

RE: Success of most games like this - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 07-13-2011

http://www2.fiu.edu/~cryan/motivation/intrinsic.htm

If I make game building interesting and easy enough, people will do it just because it's fun, not because they get rewarded for it. Also, I have a feeling that paying people for popular games is what led to ROBLOX being taken over by obbies and badly-built, free model-filled places, and I don't want the same thing to happen here.

Currently I'm trying to make the editor less buggy and easier to use. We might have currency eventually, but it's not high priority.

RE: Success of most games like this - Chaos - 07-13-2011

I see, but please consider.

I know you don't want this game to end up like roblox, but roblox only has free model places because of lazy people and little kids who can't build.

RE: Success of most games like this - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 07-13-2011

(07-13-2011, 07:25 PM)Chaos Wrote: I see, but please consider.

I know you don't want this game to end up like roblox, but roblox only has free model places because of lazy people and little kids who can't build.

I never said I wouldn't consider it, but we have more important things to do right now so it will come later.

RE: Success of most games like this - Glome - 07-13-2011

(07-13-2011, 07:30 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

I never said I wouldn't consider it, but we have more important things to do right now so it will come later.

Jacob_ it honestly doesn't take too long to set up a currency system.

RE: Success of most games like this - Ashely - 07-13-2011

(07-13-2011, 10:16 PM)Glome Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 07:30 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

Jacob_ it honestly doesn't take too long to set up a currency system.
I'm sure Jacob_ could code a currency if it was his first priority but it isnt.

RE: Success of most games like this - Qwertygiy - 07-13-2011

And of course, if you have a currency here, you'd need currency from game visits, and probably a way to buy currency with real money and THAT would take a while.

RE: Success of most games like this - Glome - 07-14-2011

(07-13-2011, 11:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And of course, if you have a currency here, you'd need currency from game visits

$currency = $row['currency'] + 1;
mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `currency` = '$currency' WHERE `ID` = '$_SESSION[ID]');

lololol

RE: Success of most games like this - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 07-14-2011

(07-14-2011, 12:38 AM)Glome Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 11:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And of course, if you have a currency here, you'd need currency from game visits

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `currency` = `currency` + 1 WHERE `ID` = '$_SESSION[ID]');

lololol

Better.