Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made buildism fun!
Oh, so it bypasses the firewall... *goes to wikipedia*

I see.
(07-29-2011, 03:56 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Multiplayer has been released. The only thing left to do is fix the bugs, make it easier to use Hamachi, and convince you guys to make games and host servers.

I can port forward, I just don't know what the second box is all about.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(07-29-2011, 03:57 PM)noob007 Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 03:56 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Multiplayer has been released. The only thing left to do is fix the bugs, make it easier to use Hamachi, and convince you guys to make games and host servers.

And reduce all that lag by using UDP.

The problem is that UDP doesn't guarantee packet delivery, while TCP does. I guess I could make the physics syncing packets use UDP, and everything else TCP?
(07-29-2011, 06:05 PM)Login Wrote:

It's the player limit. If you move your mouse over the boxes, it should tell you what they do.
Yes, almost all remotely good multiplayer games do that. The packets that are sent very frequently and it doesn't really matter if we lose one of them (position updates, bullets, etc.) use UDP. Even Minecraft does that :o
(07-29-2011, 06:21 PM)noob007 Wrote: Yes, almost all remotely good multiplayer games do that. The packets that are sent very frequently and it doesn't really matter if we lose one of them (position updates, bullets, etc.) use UDP. Even Minecraft does that :o

It does? I coded a custom classic server and the official protocol uses TCP for everything.

Beta might have changed that, though, and it would be a good idea since most of the moving stuff you see is just position data sent to your client several times per second.
(07-29-2011, 06:25 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 06:21 PM)noob007 Wrote: Yes, almost all remotely good multiplayer games do that. The packets that are sent very frequently and it doesn't really matter if we lose one of them (position updates, bullets, etc.) use UDP. Even Minecraft does that :o

It does? I coded a custom classic server and the official protocol uses TCP for everything.

Beta might have changed that, though, and it would be a good idea since most of the moving stuff you see is just position data sent to your client several times per second.

Yeah, it was probably changed in Beta.

I hear you

It confuses the hell out of me, because whatever I put in it it manages to screw up my internet

Isnt there a way of paying a host to host games as it does with the site?
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(07-29-2011, 06:20 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

It's the player limit. If you move your mouse over the boxes, it should tell you what they do.
Okay. I'll see if I can get it to work.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]