I just had the biggest scare of my life
I don't have a car yet because I'm poor, but I get nervous about crashing every time I get a chance to drive... it doesn't help that my state is full of people who really shouldn't have a license.
(03-30-2012, 09:22 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I don't have a car yet because I'm poor, but I get nervous about crashing every time I get a chance to drive... it doesn't help that my state is full of people who really shouldn't have a license.

You should visit Britain.
At least you guys know how to drive in the snow.
(03-30-2012, 09:29 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: At least you guys know how to drive in the snow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_of_2...nd_Ireland

That is all.
(03-30-2012, 09:33 PM)Kieron Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 09:29 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: At least you guys know how to drive in the snow.

That is all.

It was pretty bad in America, too. There was more than 3 times as much snow in one fall that winter than any time I could remember in the past 10 years -- even the "snowstorm" of 2002 -- AND it snowed that hard several times. This is not much farther north than where Jacob is. Even the people who WEREN'T driving couldn't handle that much snow -- I lived near a small park at the time, and we were there when two girls were sledding on the worst possible (but fastest so it had to be funnest >.>) hill, where there was a sidewalk the sled had to go over, a bench swing, a tree stump, and a trash can. One hit a metal pole and broke her leg. This was a day after they closed Interstate 85 during the night due to too much snow on it. Hard to say who were the least smart during that -- the idiots who decided to go on it at 10:00 PM during heavy snow, or the government people who decided to force them to stay there overnight by closing off all the exits.
(03-30-2012, 10:01 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 09:33 PM)Kieron Wrote:

That is all.

It was pretty bad in America, too. There was more than 3 times as much snow in one fall that winter than any time I could remember in the past 10 years -- even the "snowstorm" of 2002 -- AND it snowed that hard several times. This is not much farther north than where Jacob is. Even the people who WEREN'T driving couldn't handle that much snow -- I lived near a small park at the time, and we were there when two girls were sledding on the worst possible (but fastest so it had to be funnest >.>) hill, where there was a sidewalk the sled had to go over, a bench swing, a tree stump, and a trash can. One hit a metal pole and broke her leg. This was a day after they closed Interstate 85 during the night due to too much snow on it. Hard to say who were the least smart during that -- the idiots who decided to go on it at 10:00 PM during heavy snow, or the government people who decided to force them to stay there overnight by closing off all the exits.

Not sure how bad it was where you are, but January 2011 was even worse than 2010 in Georgia - we had a few inches of snow and a coating of ice on top of it. I was one of the snow idiots that year, since I tried to sled down it, got going way too fast, and had to drag my bare hands in the sharp ice (ow) to stop myself from hitting a tree.

When I lived in the Northwest we had tons of snow, but it rarely caused any problems because everyone was used to it.
I remember the last Snow Storm we had, it literally shut new york down.
Hello
(03-31-2012, 03:33 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: I was one of the snow idiots that year, since I tried to sled down it, got going way too fast, and had to drag my bare hands in the sharp ice (ow) to stop myself from hitting a tree.

Rule #1 of sledding: When in doubt, roll out. Tongue

(03-31-2012, 04:18 AM)Ashely Wrote: I remember the last Snow Storm we had, it literally shut new york down.

Wasn't that the super-early freeze in October that nobody was ready for? I remember some relatives of mine were without power for a little while during that.
(03-31-2012, 04:20 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Rule #1 of sledding: When in doubt, roll out. Tongue

C4! C4!