I'm ashamed of my country .-.
According to nearly everyone's logic on this thread, if the British Empire wasn't disbanded into the Commonwealth Of Nations, America would be part of the UK as Canada would be.

Lrn2logic
(10-27-2011, 08:37 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote: cough cough South Georgia Island cough cough

[Image: mapag.png]

What was that about the UK having no territory near the Falklands?

I won't question that, but

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9jjfuz9thrXU1mEJYHOv...ru7DHWjc4O]

In there you will see that the Malvinas are inside Argentina Oceanic territory
(10-27-2011, 08:57 PM)Mustachio Wrote: According to nearly everyone's logic on this thread, if the British Empire wasn't disbanded into the Commonwealth Of Nations, America would be part of the UK as Canada would be.

Lrn2logic

They were part of UK till they declared independence
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
The point here is that Britain attempted to rule the world from a relatively tiny island. There are almost no communities outside of that part of Northern Europe who think of themselves as British. The Canadians are just that. Indians were definitely Indians even before Ghandi. And at least after the early part of the 1700s the "colonists" were Americans to themselves.

As for South Georgia Island, I've seen that thing in documentaries. It's a huge fractured hunk of rock topped with albatross poo and a scientific station if I remember right.
(10-27-2011, 09:50 PM)Who Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 08:37 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote: cough cough South Georgia Island cough cough

[Image: mapag.png]

What was that about the UK having no territory near the Falklands?

I won't question that, but

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9jjfuz9thrXU1mEJYHOv...ru7DHWjc4O]

In there you will see that the Malvinas are inside Argentina Oceanic territory
(10-27-2011, 08:57 PM)Mustachio Wrote: According to nearly everyone's logic on this thread, if the British Empire wasn't disbanded into the Commonwealth Of Nations, America would be part of the UK as Canada would be.

Lrn2logic

They were part of UK till they declared independence

According to you, because the Falklands are close to Argentina, they are Argentinean Territory, so I'm saying, if the Empire still existed, because Canada is bigger an close to the U.S. it would be part of the Uk according to your logic.
(10-27-2011, 10:33 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: The point here is that Britain attempted to rule the world from a relatively tiny island. There are almost no communities outside of that part of Northern Europe who think of themselves as British. The Canadians are just that. Indians were definitely Indians even before Ghandi. And at least after the early part of the 1700s the "colonists" were Americans to themselves.

As for South Georgia Island, I've seen that thing in documentaries. It's a huge fractured hunk of rock topped with albatross poo and a scientific station if I remember right.

The tiny island still got pretty far with 1/4 of the world.
(10-27-2011, 10:53 PM)Mustachio Wrote: According to you, because the Falklands are close to Argentina, they are Argentinean Territory, so I'm saying, if the Empire still existed, because Canada is bigger an close to the U.S. it would be part of the Uk according to your logic.
The Falklands are miniscule bits of land. The U.S. is one of the 10 largest countries in the world, only just behind Russia, Canada, Brazil, and China.

Argentina is almost infinitely relatively larger than the Falklands than Canada is to the US. Plus, California alone has more people than Canada. It's not a very logical comparison at all.

(10-27-2011, 10:53 PM)Mustachio Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 10:33 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: The point here is that Britain attempted to rule the world from a relatively tiny island. There are almost no communities outside of that part of Northern Europe who think of themselves as British. The Canadians are just that. Indians were definitely Indians even before Ghandi. And at least after the early part of the 1700s the "colonists" were Americans to themselves.

And so did Hitler.
(10-27-2011, 10:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 10:53 PM)Mustachio Wrote: According to you, because the Falklands are close to Argentina, they are Argentinean Territory, so I'm saying, if the Empire still existed, because Canada is bigger an close to the U.S. it would be part of the Uk according to your logic.
The Falklands are miniscule bits of land. The U.S. is one of the 10 largest countries in the world, only just behind Russia, Canada, Brazil, and China.

Argentina is almost infinitely relatively larger than the Falklands than Canada is to the US. Plus, California alone has more people than Canada. It's not a very logical comparison at all.

(10-27-2011, 10:53 PM)Mustachio Wrote:

And so did Hitler.

Hitler had allies, and about 5 countries.

The Empire had atleast 1/4 of the world.
(10-27-2011, 10:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And so did Hitler.

He had Germany, a large country, took over about 5 countries, then got destroyed by the tiny island. Oh, and the US came in eventually and took a beach on France or something.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(10-28-2011, 01:08 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 10:57 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And so did Hitler.

He had Germany, a large country, took over about 5 countries, then got destroyed by the tiny island. Oh, and the US came in eventually and took a beach on France or something.

Oh, then they nuked a place twice who quickly recovered.
The Falkland island's laws are made by our government so they are British.
(10-28-2011, 03:15 PM)Duck Wrote: The Falkland island's laws are made by our government so they are British.

I won't discuss that, but the thing is that they took them from us, The Malvinas were part of Argentina
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]