Why can't I be who I want to be? Do what I want to do?
I'm 14. I've had multiple (reasonable) dreams I've wanted to do. For example, write. I wanted to be a writer for oh-so-long. I still do. Each time I read a book, I say "Why can't I be a writer..." I have the burden of having little to no imagination. So I can't really make a story-line. But my word context is great, and I can setup the story just fine, make great descriptions, but not too descriptive (readers hate too descriptive).

I still dream of being a writer, but now I focus on something else: becoming a singer. This may be the hardest thing in my whole life, because I've had problems with my speech since I could talk. I still do. I stutter, a lot. Studying words won't help, because no matter if it's stuck in my head, I stutter. The worst part is, I don't even realize I'm stuttering. Then, I've got another speech problem with my "r's". I can say things like train, rain, ramp, cars, but not things like Earth, girls, or anything with the r in the middle. I never could, ever since I could talk. I've also got a terrible voice: it's deep, but hard to understand.

To go along with my speech impediment, my voice itself is screwed up, you can't understand me, and I don't know why. Most people can't understand me (not like, the picture of me, but what I'm saying). The worst part about all of this is that to me, I sound like I'm talking normal, I don't even sound like a deep voice, or screwed up voice, or messed up R's, or stuttering. But I do all of this, and I can't practice alone, even if I do conquer my speech impediment, my voice kills my singing.

Why can't I be who I want to be...

I play soccer every day in PE, and I did for 3 years straight. And I never once scored a goal, no matter how hard I tried. I also forgot to mention, I have ADHD (who doesn't now-a-days?). I can't do anything right.

In the middle of 6th grade, I began getting depressed, because the fact is, I actually used to be good at drawing, at coloring, at my handwriting, at my talents, I was in the cool group. I lost it all in 6th grade, all my talents. The root of it started when I got kicked out of Daycare, following my fathers' death (who was only 39, and I had lots of fun with him) a month later. Another month later, my nanny died (who I visited every weekend, she acted young, even though she was 74 at the time). I blame the doctors for Nanny's death. They refused to x-ray scan her when we asked, and they decided to do it a year later to find a tumor, they said it was the biggest they've ever seen. She died a week later from a heart attack.

Why can't I do what I want to do...
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Because you wrote this. Don't worry about flaws, thing about what you are good at and expands on it. Don't let others effect you [except inspiration].

Speaking problems have nothing to do with how you can sing, I know this because I sing NOTHING like how I actually talk. In fact when I speak publicly (speeches) I have problem cutting myself off so things run on too long.
To top it off my voice might be even deeper than yours, but I don't care.

I just keep going...which is ironic considering I can do everything except the one thing I truly want.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(05-15-2011, 04:51 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Because you wrote this. Don't worry about flaws, thing about what you are good at and expands on it. Don't let others effect you [except inspiration].

Speaking problems have nothing to do with how you can sing, I know this because I sing NOTHING like how I actually talk. In fact when I speak publicly (speeches) I have problem cutting myself off so things run on too long.
To top it off my voice might be even deeper than yours, but I don't care.

I just keep going...which is ironic considering I can do everything except the one thing I truly want.
Well, that's the problem. I tried singing, but my voice is just...blech. My singing voice goes wayyy too fast.
Try singing to the music. Many times I have trouble matching the vocals and instrumental because I might have left the gaps too short, sang to fast, or off pitch.

I actually have a bunch of recordings I have never released because of this.

(05-15-2011, 04:58 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Try singing to the music. Many times I have trouble matching the vocals and instrumental because I might have left the gaps too short, sang to fast, or off pitch.

I actually have a bunch of recordings I have never released because of this.

Explain this? Like, make up your own words, but stay on the beat? I actually tried singing with my favorite band, Jah Roots, but it failed. I went 10x faster than the singer, and to me, I sounded like I was going at his speed. x.x
When I record songs, I don't have the song playing with me so I have to make the gaps myself (like transitions from chorus to verse).

But what you (and I) should do it sing along while listening to the song or instrumental.
Or you can count to 4 to know the tempo. The iPod app I use actually has a metronome in the BG so it helps some.

Sorry I wish I could help but I have nothing. One last thing,this may be the stupidest question you have ever heard but,are you a girl? Also at your comment "I have ADHD (who doesn't now-a-days?)." I don't and many others don't. Not to make you feel bad but that was inaccurate.
[Image: image?id=2155]
(05-15-2011, 05:15 PM)TheFlame Wrote: Sorry I wish I could help but I have nothing. One last thing,this may be the stupidest question you have ever heard but,are you a girl? Also at your comment "I have ADHD (who doesn't now-a-days?)." I don't and many others don't. Not to make you feel bad but that was inaccurate.

It's a phrase, the fact that so little people had it one year, then all of a sudden, it's bursting with lots of people with ADHD, it's a lot.
I have a idea. Since you say you have little imagination why don't you play video games and try to get inspiration from them. Its pretty easy to get imagination by playing video games.
Well yeah I guess....
[Image: image?id=2155]