History Homework
(04-25-2012, 08:52 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(04-25-2012, 08:36 PM)Kieron Wrote: -Most modern technology was invented in Britain

Again... modern technology.... it really depends on what you mean by that.

Radio? Nope, Marconi was Italian [and my dad swears he stole it from the Vatican Church, which had supposedly been keeping it a secret for centuries]. Telephone? Nope, as we discussed a few months ago Bell distinctly called himself an American and invented it in America. Computers? Nope, Germany and the US made the first major comptuers, although Alan Turing was one of the most influental people in the early computing field. Cars? Nope, and even nowadays there aren't many British cars here in America compared to Japanese or German or American ones. "Modern" factories? Yes... but Charles D. wasn't making things up. And no, I'm not talking about Darwin.

Radio, I can give you that.
The Telephone was invented by someone born and raised in Scotland. Although it was invented in an America, it was a British invention.
The first major computer was made in WW2 for the British to crack the enigma and computer technology was made by Charles Babbage, either way it's still british. Cars, I can give you that.

Messages In This Thread
History Homework - by Kieron - 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM