Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thinking about getting a new laptop
Also, I don't understand why you don't wanna buy online.
Look at the specs and the price.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png][spoiler][Image: 8RCR4Mv.gif][/spoiler]
Paying via credit cards isn't really an option for my family; if worst comes to worst I might have to, because this stupid thing is well on the way to self-oblivion. The only reason I've been using Chrome over Firefox is because Chrome makes a pop-up when I get a chat or email, and I've missed nearly a dozen messages in the past week because that pop-up never appeared, or the whole computer froze when I tried to switch away from whichever semi-memory-intensive program I was using at the time.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
(03-06-2013, 09:55 PM)Oak Wrote: I recommend getting an Acer Aspire laptop.

My Grandma gave my family one of those and they suck!. It has only one ghz of processing. The speakers are underneath the laptop and the sound is distorted. What were they thinking!?! Who puts speakers on the bottoms of laptops? Also it came with crappy Windows 8.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
Leon, I thought they used to be good.
But what Ghosty is asking for, is a bit over the top. This is why I recommend a Macbook Pro, worth it 100% only the 13 inch. I own one but I only use it for school presentations, and I use it to publish my schools newspaper since it freezes and lags on my regular computers so much. My uncle has a Acer Aspire and it takes 30-45 minutes to boot up, I cant wait that long anymore, my Macbook Pro takes 5-10 seconds to boot up, big difference, huh?
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
"MACbook"

Let me stop you right there.

So many of the programs I use either do not work at all or contain horrific bugs when used on Macs. Not to mention fixing them if the hardware fails is an absolute nightmare. I had a second-hand eMac for a week. The hard drive was broken. It took the entirety of that week to figure out how to get the hard drive out and replace it, which involved basically disassembling the whole thing.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
(03-08-2013, 10:52 AM)Oak Wrote: Leon, I thought they used to be good.
But what Ghosty is asking for, is a bit over the top. This is why I recommend a Macbook Pro, worth it 100% only the 13 inch. I own one but I only use it for school presentations, and I use it to publish my schools newspaper since it freezes and lags on my regular computers so much. My uncle has a Acer Aspire and it takes 30-45 minutes to boot up, I cant wait that long anymore, my Macbook Pro takes 5-10 seconds to boot up, big difference, huh?

He said under $500
(03-08-2013, 02:08 PM)Ghosty Wrote: "MACbook"

So many of the programs I use either do not work at all or contain horrific bugs when used on Macs. Not to mention fixing them if the hardware fails is an absolute nightmare. I had a second-hand eMac for a week. The hard drive was broken. It took the entirety of that week to figure out how to get the hard drive out and replace it, which involved basically disassembling the whole thing.

eMac's are EXTREMELY old, and they've been out for 11 years now, don't expect much. However, Macs lifespan is much longer than Microsoft computers. Ghosty is asking for 4 pizzas for the price of a string basically.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(03-09-2013, 01:39 AM)Oak Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 02:08 PM)Ghosty Wrote: "MACbook"

eMac's are EXTREMELY old, and they've been out for 11 years now, don't expect much. However, Macs lifespan is much longer than Microsoft computers. Ghosty is asking for 4 pizzas for the price of a string basically.

Except eMacs fulfill almost non of the requirements.
(03-08-2013, 10:52 AM)Oak Wrote: I recommend a Macbook Pro

That's like putting your money in a shredder.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png][spoiler][Image: 8RCR4Mv.gif][/spoiler]
(03-09-2013, 03:01 AM)Innerwebs Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 10:52 AM)Oak Wrote: I recommend a Macbook Pro

That's like putting your money in a shredder.

You don't have a Mac though, so why imply its junk?

Well I WAS the walrus.