I just saw something very disturbing.
(07-24-2011, 08:16 PM)Luckyone Wrote:
I hate this kind of bigotry. How disgusting our beliefs can be.
EWWWW
@Simonheroes

What the hell are you talking about? Not even christians believe in Adam and Eve (Well, the clever ones) It was a story invented by christians to explain the beginnings of man, it's metaphorical.
This whole thread has been disturbing to me. The most is Simonheros.
I would like this thread to be deleted.
PS I just watched the video,and they are going to hell for saying such lies about god and christianity.
[Image: image?id=2155]
I don't like people who tell you what's the right/wrong thing to do.
The thing about the Bible is that it's full of paradoxes.

Adam and Eve were the first people who are the "parents" of everyone; yet their only "surviving" child Seth went off and got married. To whom?

And then of course the regular beliefs themselves are full of holes. We're not supposed to worship the sun, yet services are held at noon on Sunday. Christmas comes entirely from a pagan holiday; the highly christian Puritans of colonial times despised the holiday.
(07-25-2011, 03:49 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: The thing about the Bible is that it's full of paradoxes.

Adam and Eve were the first people who are the "parents" of everyone; yet their only "surviving" child Seth went off and got married. To whom?

Adam and Eve isn't a true story, it's not even meant to be a true story in Christianity, it's metaphorical
@Duck
I dont believe that its metaphorical,but thats your belief.
[Image: image?id=2155]
(07-25-2011, 04:15 PM)Duck Wrote: Adam and Eve isn't a true story, it's not even meant to be a true story in Christianity, it's metaphorical

There goes the entire argument behind Creationism Wink
(07-25-2011, 04:21 PM)TheFlame Wrote: @Duck
I dont believe that its metaphorical,but thats your belief.

It's not a belief, I'm almost 100% certain it's a fact, since it not only bears resemblance to many older stories but also doesn't make sense.

When the Genesis was written the author wanted to write a figurative story that showed how man brought evil into the world. It was never meant to be true.
I think all of Genesis is metaphoric, the universe was definitely not created in 6 days. Oh also the time of church service has nothing to do with noon, or the sun, or specifically Sunday. Some churches have service everyday and I have service on Sundays at 4:00pm...which is not noon.

In fact most Churches have service at 10 to 12, people aren't told specifically not to worship the sun, they are told to not worship anything that isn't God because he is self proclaimed selfish.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]