Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion Thread
(12-17-2012, 09:54 PM)DysLabs Wrote: I love how he has been bashing Christianity this whole thread, but no one is allowed to bash atheism.

Go ahead, no one's stopping you.
I love how this thread was so obviously atheist-oriented.
(12-17-2012, 05:47 PM)Kieron Wrote: BECAUSE OUR COUNTRIES FUCKING SUCK!

The United Kieron would be bretty kool if it wasn't for all the rigged elections that brought Tony Blair to power.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
(12-11-2012, 02:18 PM)Walrus Wrote: Ghosty, I'm half Jewish and half Lutheran-- my dad who is Jewish has no Jewish friends he doesn't really get along with his own people.
My dad wanted me to be brought up as a Lutheran-- but my mom who is Lutheran wanted me and my twin brother to be brought up Jewish.
They disagree on lots of things.
xD
The Orthodox Jews are close-minded pieces of dirt.
They treat the Palestinians inhumanely.

Wrong. You aren't "Lutheran" if you're born to a Lutheran family, that's their decision, not yours. You don't automatically inherit mommy and daddy's religion.

In fact, it seems to me that a lot of you don't understand the religion. Buildism, you said that if God were real he'd be helping us. But if that were true, we'd have no need for faith, and God's just showing us how horrible our own species (humans) are, which emphasizes our need for faith.
You want to know what I think? I think atheists should accept the fact that Christians believe in a God, and for Christians to accept that atheists want to proclaim success and progression without giving credit to a god that they don't believe in.

In a more mature society, we could even conversate about each-others beliefs instead of constantly avoiding each-other and throwing hate around.

As a Christian, I know that you don't go out and say "GAYS WILL BURN IN HELL!" because that's absurd and hateful, completely contradicts the Christian message, makes other Christians look stupid, and I personally would never go out of my way to express hate for a group of people! And you know, I have some lesbian friends (well at least they claim to be), they aren't really that different and they certainly don't wear their sexuality on their sleeve like the media portrays them. Nor do all Christians act like the media portrays them. I think stereotypes really are to blame for most of our judgment.

So that's what I think...
We should get a religious political debate going, that would be interesting.
(12-18-2012, 12:48 AM)Void Wrote: We should get a religious political debate going, that would be interesting.

indeed
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
I hav prove atheism suks

they no use churk so thy ignortant
"Wrong. You aren't "Lutheran" if you're born to a Lutheran family, that's their decision, not yours. You don't automatically inherit mommy and daddy's religion.

In fact, it seems to me that a lot of you don't understand the religion. Buildism, you said that if God were real he'd be helping us. But if that were true, we'd have no need for faith, and God's just showing us how horrible our own species (humans) are, which emphasizes our need for faith."

Yes you do automatically inherit your parents faith/faiths.
It is just UP TO YOU what you want to be.
(12-19-2012, 01:20 AM)Tax Wrote: Yes you do automatically inherit your parents faith/faiths.

I can't even think of a meme to put here that properly displays how utterly ridiculous this statement is. That's how completely and totally preposterous it is.

If that were true, all humans would be one religion. You do NOT inherit beliefs like you inherit eye color or money. While it is true your parents beliefs will influence your own, you do not simply inherit them.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Both my parents are Christian, but their families were Romany Gypsies. I don't think they were Christians. I still had to be baptised. Your argument is invalid.