Add a store?
(01-02-2011, 11:59 PM)Aroblix Wrote: We could make a store, but we must make sure we won't do the same error than ROBLOX. To be careful, I think we should make a store, but with EVERYTHING free. Or atleast, EVERYTHING free except content uploaded by users that don't want it to be free.

See: last post in thread by me.
[Image: 76561198037429215.png]
I think you should make a store AFTER the game goes into BETA. Then let everyone upload their stuff and sell for curentsy, which should be called Buildibucks. And then eventually add Hats, which people could upload as well and then eventually start adding like weapons and things people can get in the starterpack in-game, sorta like gear on Roblox.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
I'd like to have some sort of way to sort out skins. One person made about 6 different versions of the SAME THING which got rid of some cool skins on the front stuff page.

Ways of sorting out skins would be by:

:>: Rating
:>: Downloads/Buys
:>: Theme
:>: Seller Rating (If a user had many good items, that would affect their seller rating)
:>: Series (Groups of items in a set/Fashion collections)

But seriously, we need to advance the game for right now :/
●ω● ŦЂЄßlαßlyßlα ●ω●
(02-25-2011, 06:23 AM)Daria-Theblablybla Wrote: But seriously, we need to advance the game for right now :/

Yeah. Multiplayer first.

If you want ingame hats, that's not too hard -- upload a pic somewhere, use it as a texture in your game, and make a weld script that positions it right.

We can wait for teh OVERLOAD that would be caused by catalogged hats.

My suggestions for when it does?

1: Have an 'official' catalog, items created by users with a 'ShopKeeper' achievement, or etc.

2: Have a 'User-made' catalog, items made by users without that achievement.

3: Official items can be taken into all games, but players can select whether or not they want User-made items to be allowed in their game.
(10-12-2010, 10:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: When I make a store, at first everything will be free (so more like an exchange.) Then I'll try to figure out the best way for people to gain currency--I'm not old enough to have people pay me real money, and they probably wouldn't want to anyway.

But I'm going to go with Intile's suggestion for now.

Please don't use any kin of currency. That is one of the reasons I hate Roblox and love this game. The game Blockland for instince, it doesn't use a store or currency unless it is in a city RPG server, and that is only within the server. I like the way Blockland does add-ons and mods and thoughs things. I will host it's add-ons on another website, and give links to them here, since you probly can't host add-ons here on this website even if we wanted to. So I personally like the non-money type of sharing, instead of the the whole economy thing. Thouh you could do what I just talked about with the add-ons and such, then have a special area for just selling and buying skins and stuff. But I like free weapons and mods, even if the economy thing is more sufisticater (<spelling fail). Sorry for the long comment. TY if you read it all and put it into thought.
What about Brickatees? =3 The Virtual Cash! And maybe you can earn Cash by Foruming,getting Thanks,Place vists or time online! Big Grin
(04-15-2011, 11:23 PM)Fish Wrote: What about Brickatees? =3 The Virtual Cash! And maybe you can earn Cash by Foruming,getting Thanks,Place vists or time online! Big Grin

Why did you just have to bump a thread from the before-times? Let it peacefully die with it's historic members in dignity.
Jacob_ you are actually old enough, Maybe we can talk via pm about this?
Personally, I'd LOVE to see them soon - a lot of people on here - like myself - forum often more than we build or go to games.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(04-15-2011, 11:46 PM)Login Wrote: Personally, I'd LOVE to see them soon - a lot of people on here - like myself - forum often more than we build or go to games.

Yeah I agree, A store would be awesome.

We would have to change the avatars due to Roblox's 5 part copyright, Yupp they copyrighted it =/

Idea for currency;
How about when a user plays your game to get a "B-coin"?