Public Apology: I won't be on for a while.
(05-25-2011, 04:02 AM)Twinmold Wrote:
(05-25-2011, 04:00 AM)Interwebs Wrote: I have Norton 360 and Avast running at the same time.

Norton is bad. Very bad.

Me >> :gun_bandana: :furious: << Norton

(05-25-2011, 04:11 AM)Interwebs Wrote: No, I ha it for years and never got a virus.
Karspensky is the worst.
Had*

Actually, Norton and Kaspersky are 2 of the best you can get.
Yes, Facebook is full of Virus this days!
Norton crashed my grandpa's, and friends computer.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
Norton ruined my grandma's computer... I removed it, two years later I was using her computer and found a 1GB folder of Norton junk that the uninstaller didn't delete. >Sad
Same here. I had to literally open up his computer and shut things down.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(05-25-2011, 11:24 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Norton ruined my grandma's computer... I removed it, two years later I was using her computer and found a 1GB folder of Norton junk that the uninstaller didn't delete. >Sad

Hmm... I have been using Norton 360 Premier Edition for about 2 years and never experienced any problems (or viruses).
I've always used CA antivirus -- but that's always been a bit buggy. Like when it wouldn't let me play ROBLOX because it kept wanting to deny connection to the server -- and it would only accept unblocking one individual server at a time, thinking they were seperate applications/whatevers.

Then they completely reconfigured and it got much better.
Wish I could find a reason to wipe this computer...
(05-25-2011, 01:34 AM)Login Wrote: Thing is, I have been fighting this virus for 5 days. Straight. All day. Took away my beloved Saturday and Sunday. I thought it was fixed (The virus makes it so you can't open up anything, and starting up your computer is all weird). Well, a day later, I wanted to wipe the drive. I was like "I'm wiping the drive!" So, it wanted me to restart. The virus made it so when you restart (specifically, only applies to restarting, not shutting down the turning back on) and it also blocks programs that should automatically come up, making the wipe drive useless. So, now I was stuck with it, going like "It can't get any worse." well, another day later, I couldn't even get to the login screen, I got a blue screen saying "Windows has shut down to prevent errors from happening. Please try restarting" or something. Every time. Even on safe mode - won't let me login. Can't even get to the login screen.

So, now there are THREE COLLEGE people working on my computer to fix it, each of them have a Master's degree, they've been working on it for a while now. Must've been pretty badly screwed up. I'm on this (crappy) 2003 computer, which is (very) outdated. And looks ugly. And the text is just - yuck. So, there's my reason. I may be back at any time. Be ready.

Aww! D:
I used NOD anti virus!