Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannah's Encounter [Zombie story, Incomplete]
"But I hate the dark!" Gary yelled as he was being pushed towards to dark hallway. Gary was a small 10 year old boy who really had a lot of fears, mostly of the dark. Hannah grabbed a flashlight that was sitting on the table next to her and put it in Gary's hands. "Just take this and go in, you threw it in there, you're getting it." She shoved Gary closer to the hallway one more time, "Well, GO!" She put her hands on her hips.
Gary had thrown her iPod into the dark hallway because he was mad at her for not getting him ice cream. It was actually the hallway inside of a home that was abandoned years ago. It had a creepy feeling to it whenever someone came near. Gary pouted, "Fine. Only if you come with me." Hannah sighed, she didn't believe in ghosts, and she definitely did not believe that this house was haunted. "I already had enough trouble getting you to come into this house...but fine, I'll go with you." She lightly pushed Gary forward and followed him in.
There were three rooms in the hallway, Two on one side, and one on the other. There was a painting of a man with a cane at the end of the hallway. Hannah peeked into one of the rooms that was open. Inside, there were two chairs, both covered in some sort of cloth, and a coffee table. The room looked very dusty. The third room, farthest in the hallway was boarded up. "Wait, Gary, stop." she put her hand in front of Gary to stop him.
She looked at the boarded up door for a few seconds, and then looked down. Her iPod was right below her, she picked it up, but then continued to stand there facing the door. "Great, you got your stupid iPod, can we go now?" Gary was getting anxious, this place scared him. "Wait, I want to see what's on the other side of this door..." She bent down and tried to look under the door. She took the flashlight and shined it under, and something seemed to reflect the light on the floor. It had a reddish color and looked like some sort of thick liquid.
"Gary, go over to our garage and get a hammer. I want to see what's in this room." She pointed at the door, not taking her eyes away from the door. He ran out of the house quickly. Hannah put her ear up to the door and listened closely, and then she knocked once. Suddenly, she heard a strange sound, almost like someone gasping for air. The sound made her jump, It came from behind the door. After a few minutes alone in the house, Gary finally came with a hammer. She took it from him and gave him the flashlight. "Shine this on the door for me while I open this." Gary nodded and she start to pull the nails out from the board. There were 4 boards, and one was so rotted that she could just pull it off. When all the boards were off, she again traded the hammer for the flashlight, and shined it on the doorknob.
She slowly reached for it and turned it. She pushed the door open slowly and peered inside. It was all dark. She opened the door all the way, Gary was at the end of the hallway, ready to run if anything popped out. She shone her flashlight in. It was a long room with a long dining table. She scanned around the room with her flashlight first, and stepped in. She stepped in something wet and looked down. She screamed and jumped back, which made Gary run outside screaming. It was blood, all over the wooden floor, and splatters of it on the wall. She started shaking and breathing more heavily. Brave as she is, She slowly walked towards the other side of the room. The dining table she was walking along had plates on it still, with rotten food and flies buzzing all around it. She put her shirt over her mouth, the smell was awful in here. Suddenly, she stopped, she heard a noise coming from the corner just in front of her. It sounded like some sort of short moan. Shaking, she shone her flashlight in that corner and screamed. There was a man, covered in blood, struggling to stand up. His skin looked rotten and peeled, and his hair was falling out. His shirts color was unidentifiable, due to the mass amount of blood on it. He had partially ripped jeans on, and worn out shoes. She screamed and ran out as fast as she could, locking the door on her way out. "GARY! CALL THE POLICE, HURRY!" She screamed as she was running towards her home. Gary ran stopped playing with his toy trucks and ran inside.
She got on the phone with the police, rushing to tell them what happened. "Calm down, please! Slowly explain what happened" The lady on the other side of the phone interrupted Hannah while she was telling her story. "Okay, well, I went into the abandoned house on the end of our street...In the hallway was a boarded up door, I opened it up and there was blood everywhere. But that's not all...I walked to the other side of the room, and in the corner was a man. He was moaning, like he couldn't breath, he was covered in blood too. The only thing is...he looked...dead. I think he was...a zombie. Please don't think I'm crazy! I'm telling the truth!!" She was so scared she almost had tears in her eyes. "Now miss, listen to me, there's nothing to be scared of. We'll get some officers to check it out. What was the address, again?" Hannah told the lady the address and hung up. She looked and Gary and hugged him. "I wish mom would come home soon..."
A few days later, Hannah was watching the news, thoughts running through her mind about what happened the past day. Suddenly, she stopped eating her waffles and stared at the TV in shock. Three officers went missing two days ago, last seen investigating an abandoned home. It reported that more officers were on their way to investigate, and suddenly a neighbor from down the street appeared. "Well, a few minutes after seeing them go in, I heard a few gun shots, and one really loud scream. They never came out, so I decided to call the police." The woman was on her front lawn, and in the background and Hannah saw the police cars still parked in front of the abandoned home. She got up and looked out the window at the home. There were more police cars, a lot more. There were about ten cars parked out in front. One police man ran out holding his arm. There was blood dripping out of the spot he was holding. He tripped and stopped moving.
She looked at the houses next door, there were people leaving their homes and running off. They were running to somewhere safer. She was thinking of doing the same, but she was too interested in what was going on. She was very curious. She opened her front door and sat down on the front steps, watching the house at the end of the street. The man she saw stopped moving and was laying in the grass completely still, she figured he was dead. She knew this was something serious, and it was her fault. If she had never opened that door, this would have never happened. She felt guilty, but soon that feeling was overcome by curiosity. She kept watching the house. Another officer ran stumbled out and fell on the front steps. He lay in on the steps completely still, just like the other officer.
She sat out on her steps for about 4 hours, and nothing more really happened. She was starting to become more scared, and told Gary to stay inside. Suddenly, her eye caught something moving in the grass. It was the officer who she had thought died a few hours ago, who had the wound on his arm. He slowly started to stand up, and when he did, he no longer held his wound, and he had a limp. Now Hannah was getting anxious to leave. She felt it was becoming more dangerous. Quickly, she ran inside to Gary's room. She threw open the door and screamed, Gary was laying on his bed, his shoulder covered in blood. She hadn't payed attention to him the whole time she was sitting on the steps. He was bit, and the infection was already taking affect. But she hadn't seen him run over to the home, so how would he have gotten bit? Suddenly she heard something fall in the kitchen. She locked Gary's door and walked slowly towards the kitchen. Halfway there, she heard another gasping moan, and stopped dead. Somehow, one of the zombies has gotten into her home, probably over night.
She ran outside, fully panicking now, and went to the garage. She grabbed a small ax that was hanging on the wall, and ran back inside. She stopped in the doorway, she was right, there was a zombie standing in the hallway, wearing a police uniform. She swallowed hard as she started walking towards it. She lifted up the ax, and swung at its head. The ax struck its head and it stumbled back onto the floor. She stood there examining it for a few seconds to see if it was dead. It hadn't moved, so she reached down and pulled out the ax. Then she got a quick glance at the pistol on the police officer's uniform. She grabbed the pistol and ran outside. "Whoa!" she stopped immediately, there were more zombies in the street, close to her home. She ran back into her kitchen, grabbed her backpack and put some soup, bread, and water into it. She put it on her back and ran back outside.
She went the opposite was of the zombies, and tried to think of her next destination. She sprinted towards her dads house. Halfway she started thinking about Gary and her mother. She slowed down and started to cry. Her brother is dead, and she has no idea about what happened to her mother. She wiped her eyes and kept going. In the distance, she heard a loud alarm start to go off, and more screams were heard behind her. When she finally arrived at her fathers house, she quickly got up to the front door and pushed it open. Her dad was sitting on the couch watching the news. It said that they were on high alert and that evacuation was required. He looked at her, and quickly got up and hugged her.
"Hannah! I was hoping you were okay." Hannah sniffed, "Gary...he's dead. He was bit on the shoulder...and mom...I don't know where she is! There was one of those things in our home! I knew how to kill it...from watching all those zombie movies...and it actually worked. Aim for the head!" She looked up at him, and suddenly a boy walked in. Hannah looked at him for a few seconds, "Who is this?" She let go of her dad. Her father turned around, "OH! This is Jordan, the neighbor's son...His parents are missing, they went to visit someone down near that house and never came back..." The boy looked the same age as Hannah, 13-14 years old, he was wearing a grey hoodie, and regular jeans. He also was wearing glasses. He acted shy and almost turned away from Hannah, then he turned back and said, "Hi." Hannah waved and greeted him back. Then Jordan turned around and walked into a room at the end of a dark hallway and closed the door.
Hannah looked around, everything was like she remembered. The TV was ALWAYS on, her father said it was because he liked the noise of it on all day. All the furniture was arranged the same, All the chairs facing the Flat screen TV. Hannah guessed it was about 40-45 inches. "Sorry about Jordan, he's a little shy, especially after all that's been happening around him." Her father offered her a seat but she decided to stand. "Are you hungry?" Hannah was still staring down the hallway towards the door. "Hannah? Hellooo??" Her father snapped his fingers in front of her face. She shook her head, "Oh, sorry. Just a little confused on how fast this all happened." She look at her dad, and then at the kitchen, but she had lost her appetite after seeing those police officers, and after killing that zombie in her house. Suddenly her dad looked at the TV, paying real attention to the news. It warned everyone in her area to evacuate immediately. Still looking at the TV, her father spoke, "Gah, I think we should start getting ready to go...go to your old room and see if there's anything to pack. Then we can take Jordan to his house so he can get some things." He walked down the hallway and went inside the door Jordan had gone in earlier.
She went into her room to find an ordinary bed, dresser, and closet. Some clothes were in the closet, and there was nothing on the bed. She got her backpack and put some of her clothes in it, and went into the living room. Her father came out a few minutes later, "He's tired, but I woke him up, we're gonna go to his house in a few minutes." He sat on the chair in front of the TV and continued to watch the news. Hannah looked down the hallway again, and this time thought about going down to talk to Jordan. She had just met him and didn't know much about him, but she was wondering who he was, and wanted to find out. She got up and walked towards the door. Slowly, she reached for the doorknob and turned it.
She opened the door, and entered a small room. It had one bed and a window next to it. Jordan was sitting on the bed, looking out the window. His hoodie was on the bed next to him, he was wearing a black shirt with some sort of logo on the back. He turned around to find Hannah standing in the doorway. "Hey...Jordan, is it? I know you've been going through a lot lately...and so have I. I actually feel really guilty for something." Hannah sat on the bed next to him and looked out the window, there was a crashed car, with a person inside. The person was leaning on the wheel and looked dead.
Jordan looked at her, "It's okay, you don't have to worry about me. And yes, my name's Jordan...I've seen you at school before. Which I'm guessing is going to be canceled for a while, Huh?" Hannah giggled, "Heh, yeah. Can I tell you something? Just, promise not to say anything to my dad, okay?" Jordan looked at her again and nodded, "I promise." Hannah took a deep breath. She looked at Jordan, "Well, I think I might have caused this, outbreak. See, In this abandoned house down the street, there was this boarded up door...I was curious of what was behind it. I went inside and...there was blood, everywhere. In the corner was...one of those things. I ran to my house and called the police. That's when it started. Please don't think I meant to do it, and please don't be mad at me, it was an accident!" Jordan shook his head, "No no no, I won't get mad at you. It WAS just an accident, anyway. I would've done the same thing." He smiled at her. Hannah felt relieved. She finally got to tell someone and wasn't yelled at or blamed.
She looked down and sighed, "But my little brother...Gary, he was bit, and now he's...he's dead." She wiped a tear from her eye. She couldn't think about him. Jordan made a small gasp, "Oh, I'm really sorry. I'm not sure if my parents are living or not...It's hard not being sure if both your parents are dead or not. And your dad, when he came in here, he was sad too, that you said your mom was missing, I'm also really sorry about that too...If you ever need any help, I'll be there." Hannah looked up at him and wiped a tear away. "Thanks, Jordan. You're really nice." She smiled at him and got up. "You ready to go pack? We have to get moving." Jordan nodded and followed her out the door.
Hannah's dad was there waiting at the end of the hallway. "What were you two doing in there?" He had a smirk on his face. Hannah looked at him, "We were just talking, Dad." She walked past him and Jordan followed. Her dad shook his head and went into the living room with them. "Okay, so are you ready to go get some of your things, Jordan?" He looked down at Jordan and handed him a small backpack. Jordan took it, "Sure, I don't want to take too much, though." He put the backpack on and walked out the door. Hannah walked next to him and they started talking. Her dad just looked around at all the mess that was made, he was surprised that he actually stayed behind to watch TV. He laughed to himself about it and shook his head.
They got to Jordan's house but there was a problem, there was blood trailing on the ground to underneath the front door. Jordan stared at it for a few seconds, and then opened the door in a way that showed he didn't really care much about it. Right as he walked in, a zombie fell on top of him and tried to bite him. It made a huge scratch in his arm, Jordan started screaming in pain, "AGGGH, GET THIS THING OFF ME!" He tried to push the zombie off while Hannah got out her ax. "Jordan!" She yelled as she implanted the ax into the zombies head. The zombie stopped trying to bite him and just fell on top of him. He pushed it off and looked at the scratch on his arm. "Oh god no. Please no. I heard that even when they scratch you it can be infected." He grabbed the wound, "Do you have any bandages?" His face showed he was in pain. Hannah walked up to him and looked at the wound, "Oh no...How bad does it hurt?" She grabbed his arm gently. "It really burns but I don't think it's infected, hopefully." He sat down on the front steps. His scratch was bleeding badly, it really cut deep. Hannah sat next to him and tried to make him more comfortable while her dad got a bandage. "It'll be okay, Jordan. I don't think they can infect you by just scratching."
Her father came back with a bandage and a wet cloth. He wiped down the scratch to clean it off, and then wrapped the bandage around his arm tightly. "Thanks." Jordan nodded at him and stood up. Hannah's dad shrugged his shoulders, "Hey, no problem." Jordan limped a little due to the pain, and Hannah tried to help him walk by trying to hold him up. They entered the house, and straight ahead was an archway that led into a kitchen. To the left was a small living room with a flat screen TV and a couch. To the right there was a set of stairs that led up. Jordan went upstairs to get some of his clothes. Hannah looked around the house, and she noticed a door in the kitchen. She opened the door and it led to a basement. She shone her light down and there was a carpet floor, but there were blood stains. She decided to close the door and put a small table in front of it, just in case something was down there and tried to get out.
Then she went upstairs, which led to a small hallway with three rooms, a bathroom and two bedrooms. She looked into one of the rooms and Jordan was there getting some clothes. He looked in the doorway and saw her peeking in. "Oh, hi." He said and made a gesture with his hand that meant she was allowed to come in. She walked in and looked around, and there wasn't much to see. There was a computer, a shelf with a few CD cases and movies on it, a dresser and a bed. Jordan continued packing while Hannah went over to look at the movies and albums. There were a lot of zombie movies that she knew. She looked down at the albums and was happy to see a lot of bands she liked too. Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Bands like those, she always found some sort of interest in metal music. "You like Metal?" She asked Jordan and turned around to look at him. Jordan stopped packing for a second, "Huh? Oh, yeah, of course. It's amazing." He smiled and zipped up his backpack.
He stood up and looked at Hannah, "Don't you ever feel sick from you know, seeing all of this blood and gore?" He laughed a little, "I don't really, the only reason I do is because it's all real." He looked down and sighed. "And I know that zombie downstairs was my dad, It looked just like him. My mother probably ended up with the same fate." Hannah felt a sort of sorrow for him. She didn't lose both her parents like he did, so who was there to take care of him? She hugged him and said "It'll be okay, you're with me and mwy dad now, we'll watch over you." She smiled and Jordan smiled back. He turned towards the door, but right before he left the room he turned back, "Oh, forgot something." He went to his dresser and opened on of the drawers. He took out a long stick-like object that had a handle at the end. Then he grabbed the handle and pulled out a katana. He smiled, "I got this from my uncle who went to Japan. I kind of learned how to use it after he gave it to me." He slid it back in and strapped it to his back. "Let's go." They both exited the room and went back downstairs.
Hannah's dad was on the couch waiting for them. He looked at them when they came down, "You ready to go? It said on the news that the military had some sort of base set up near Mercy Hospital, I think we should go there." He stood up and put on his shoes. He stepped outside and kicked the zombie corpse from earlier off the steps. "Ladies first" He said to Hannah and let her pass. He stopped Jordan for a sec, "You two are becoming good friends, aren't you?" He smirked. "Heh, yeah, She's really nice." Jordan looked at his wounded arm and left the house. Hannah's dad followed them out and pointed the way. "We're going to have to walk. I don't want to use the car, it might attract more of those things." Hannah looked around on the street, it looked nothing like it did before. Cars were destroyed and crashed into trees or into each other. There were blood stains on some of the cars or on the street. There were some bodies lying on the ground, and the air had a bad odor. When they got to the corner, Her dad stopped them. "Look, there's the Hospital." He pointed to a very tall and dark building in the distance, Hannah could see helicopters flying around it.
Suddenly there was a loud crash, it was one of the cars. But then they heard a strange noise, it sounded like a man screaming with anger, but the scream sounded muffled. Then a one of the broken cars was pushed out of the way. Hannah felt sick from looking at this creature. It was a little taller then a man, about 7 feet, it had two long, skinny arms coming out of it's shoulders, with sharp claw-like blades stick out of the palms. The arms were in the air, and she noticed some sort of huge hole in its stomach, with teeth-like structures inside the hole. Jordan pulled out his katana. "What is that thing?!" Hannah screamed as she tried to reach for her ax. "The virus, it must be mutating and changing the people even further." Jordan said in a serious way. He held the katana pointed towards the creature. Then he ran at it and swung at its legs. The legs were sliced off, and the creature fell so hard that it made small cracks in the ground. Jordan almost lost his balance and he turned around and ran at it again. All Hannah and her dad could do is watch in shock, he actually was good with the sword. Jordan sliced off its head, and then kicked the body. The head was still alive, though. Hannah ran up to it and kicked it like a soccer ball. Jordan was breathing heavily after that and fell down. He grasped his arm, "Oh god, I wasn't thinking when I did that. I forgot about my arm" He gritted his teeth, Hannah could tell he was in a lot of pain, and she wished she could help.
She knelt down next to Jordan and put her hand on his arm, "I hope there will be help at the Hospital, we need to get you better." She helped him stand up and carried him over to a bus stop bench. Her father was looking at the mutated zombie corpse, Its eyes were a dark yellow, and it's face was unrecognizable. It's legs looked like that of a horses, which was strange. Then suddenly He turned around at a growling sound that was coming from behind a car. He looked around and saw a pipe on the ground, he picked it up and held it tight. He waited for something as the growling sound got closer. This time he knew it can't be a human. Suddenly a dog came around the corner, growling at him with blood dripping out of it's mouth. But this wasn't a normal dog, He could see it's ribs, as if its chest was ripped open. There were some organs hanging out, and its eyes were rolled back. It only had 3 legs and its tail was ripped in half. Hannah's dad looked at it in disgust. "What the fu-" Suddenly the creature was on top of him and trying to rip him apart. The only thing keeping him and it's teeth apart was the pipe. "H-HELP!!" He screamed, and suddenly Hannah was running over with Jordan. Hannah took the ax and swung at the opening in its chest. The dog was cut in half and it flew off of her dad. It started growling, and then it did a raspy howl. Suddenly there were more growls, and two more dogs came. Both looking just as disgusting and rotten as the other.
"Jordan! Stay back! You're too hurt!" Hannah held a hand at Jordan signaling him to stay back. "But I want to help you! Agh...Okay." Jordan went back to the bench and watched as Hannah and her dad were fighting off the dogs. Hannah butted one of the dogs in the head with the blunt end of the ax, and then slammed down with the blade onto it's body. It started struggling and making strange gurgling noises. Hannah lifted up the ax on more time and swung it like a golf club into the dogs head. Her dad kept hitting the other dog over and over with pipe until it stopped moving. He screamed as the first dog jumped on top of him. It used its teeth and bite into his arm viciously. It pulled off a chunk of his arm and ate it, and then it bit him again. In the middle of ripping off another chunk, its head was suddenly sliced off, and Jordan was standing there with his Katana covered in blood. He was breathing heavily and was still holding his arm.
"Dad!!" Hannah screamed and ran over to him. He was laying on the ground, half his shirt covered in blood. His arm was completely red, and some of the bone was visible. Her dad screamed in pain, but then calmed down. It was too much pain to endure. He closed his eyes and rested his head. "Dad, no! Wake up Dad, don't go now!" She tried shaking him, but he wouldn't wake up. Hannah started crying and wiped her eyes. Jordan just sat in silence, now they both had no parents. Who would watch over them now? No, Jordan would watch over Hannah and make sure she's safe, he swore to himself to never let her get hurt.He came over to her and sat next to her. He put his hand on her shoulder, "I'm...so sorry...I don't know what to do...I tried to save him...but my arm, it kept me back." He sighed. Hannah fell into his arms and he held onto her. They sat there for a few minutes, Jordan trying to comfort her. She was close to her father.
Hannah sniffed and wiped a tear. She looked at Jordan, who was still holding her, and said "I think we should get going to the Hospital." Jordan nodded and helped her up. "Let's watch each others back, it's very dangerous now, with just the two of us." They both walked next to each other and looked around carefully. Whenever they saw a zombie in the street or on a lawn, Jordan told Hannah to keep low and stay out of their sight, even though they could probably smell them. His tactic worked for a while, until one time. "Hurry, behind this car" He pointed and quickly went behind a car. They walked around, until suddenly a zombie was right in front of him. He almost froze in place, but instead he slammed his elbow into the zombies stomach, which caused it to cough blood all over his shirt. Then he quickly pulled out his sword and sliced its neck. Its head fell onto the ground next to Hannah and then its body. Whenever Jordan used his sword, she always watched in amazement at his skills with it.
must... resist... writing... tldr....
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
OMG............................. MY EYES!
TL;DR! I COULDN'T RESIST!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
(06-24-2011, 03:14 PM)sergentkyle Wrote: OMG............................. MY EYES!
TL;DR! I COULDN'T RESIST!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Please don't post TL;DR. It upsets me when I see this, because it bumps up the post count and makes the user who posted it feel like the work put into it won't even be read.

I honestly can say this, OP, great job. The thing you need improving on (every writer has something they can improve on, for me, it's to stay on the correct tense (past, present, future) For you, it's indenting and making paragraphs at the correct time. Typically, if a conversation happens towards a character, it usually happens as followed:

"Hey, Bob." Bill said.
"Hey, Bill." Bob said.
"What's up?"
"Nothing much."
"Nice, same here."

See where I'm getting at? This is the writing style that people like to see! As for the paragraphs, a paragraph indicates the topic of what you're discussing. The details should be in with it. If the details don't match the topic, sometimes it's OK, but most of the time, it usually requires a new paragraph. Make sure the topic is general. Sometimes the topic is describing the scenery. Sometimes it's describing a character.

Other than that, great story!
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
I read about half why through it, and what I saw was good, but I can't really read stuff on my computer for long amounts of time. It makes my eyes hurt. :l