Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Business/Debate Forum Section
(07-28-2011, 01:51 AM)MisterObvious Wrote: Last time I saw that "serious business" was made on another forums, the entire site was shut down.

~Someone posted a serious post about "suicide"
and members on that site hated the victim and encouraged him to do it.
While the official administrator came in and stopped it, called the police, and shut down the entire site.

This was recent too.

It was the site ran by clockwork
RHQ forums.

I remember reading about the suicide thing a few days after it happened, I didn't think the SB forum itself had anything to do with it though. Also, didn't clockwork decide to keep the site up after that, but changed his mind when someone shared...illegal images with other forum users on Steam?

And keep in mind that RHQ has much looser rules than this place does... almost every thread had trolling, meme pics, swearing, or all three. Any threads about suicide here will be deleted, because suicide is illegal and discussing illegal activities here is not allowed.
(07-28-2011, 02:02 AM)LOL Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 01:55 AM)MisterObvious Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 01:52 AM)LOL Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 01:51 AM)MisterObvious Wrote: Last time I saw that "serious business" was made on another forums, it was shut down.

That's probably because it wasn't well controlled, or other things.
ran by clockwork
official administrator of roblox

RHQ always had the potential to fail. The bans made roblox look softer, and everyone was hating eachother. It was a playground for flamers, trolls, and such.
I can almost see the same for this site.
I'm not implying anything.
Serious Business, is serious
where kids"future newbies" may come to that section and just post complete "what do u think about asians???" "christianity right or wrong?"
"18+ good???" etc etc.

What? Most of these topics aren't even allowed on this site due to the rules, what is the point of it existing in the first place?
A FAN OF ME?
WEAR THIS SKIN:
http://buildism.net/items/MisterObvious/2505
100 takes noobs
Okay then, just don't post there. Be mature about it and don't act like it's there.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
Yes, as long as no one has the power to come in and abruptly stop it when rules are not broken. Also, the rule on PMing shouldn't apply there because when you debate it is usually targeted at something or someone.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(07-28-2011, 02:13 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: when you debate it is usually targeted at someone.

Examples, please?
EG. Bob says "I dislike X because XYZ" in a certain thread.

Then John makes a thread directed at what Bob said. John made a new thread because his argument wouldn't fit into context with the thread Bob replied in.

It's possible...also debates on a certain user can occur, I don't know if this counts as a PA [because it is not directly flaming], but it could be considered an argument someone should use PMs for.
However, making it PM only will make it so other users don't have a say.

Not encouraging bashing on a certain user, just saying it will happen within debates. [not the bashing the examples Tongue]

The debate section will be for serious issues, not stupid forum drama. If that happens then I'll get rid of it.
I think it will be worth trying out.
User to user debate isn't drama if it is serious.
It becomes flaming when it is not serious and that would be stopped anyway.

(07-28-2011, 02:38 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: The debate section will be for serious issues, not stupid forum drama. If that happens then I'll get rid of it.

usually that would be too late; an user would rage quit before a mod could stop it.

Sometimes the mod would become too engaged with the debate as well and make insightful decisions.
A FAN OF ME?
WEAR THIS SKIN:
http://buildism.net/items/MisterObvious/2505
100 takes noobs