Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Summer Game Creation Contest
(08-10-2011, 03:25 PM)CheeseSticks Wrote: game.World.CheeseSticks.Body:remove ()

/convert
@CheeseSticks
workspace.Player.Head:remove()

You didn't need the end there Tongue
[Image: rogershanksluffy_display.gif]
Is it okay to edit scripts?
(08-10-2011, 05:00 PM)Frostglacier Wrote: Is it okay to edit scripts?

So long as it does something a bit different from the orginal script, I'd assume so.

For example, taking my tag script and turning it into freeze tag.
My entry: http://buildism.net/games/The-Cave-V1/11567

It's an obby-like game and also a demonstration kind of thing..
(08-10-2011, 03:23 PM)Scripter Wrote: Darn, I really wish I could find a faster computer soon. I have an idea of a game to make, but can't do it =S

Even though I'm working on my own game project, I could help you complete your game if you want. I won't take any credit or steal any ideas from it. (well, maybe if one of your ideas triggers something for me, I might use it in my game, obviously heavily altered though.)
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
MY LAPTOP IS FIXED! YES! I can now play games!
(08-10-2011, 02:37 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: Do you want to to test and improve your game-making skills, or try something new? To make new friends and work with others, or just get famous? Now, you can!

If you choose to compete in this contest, you'll have a month to create a game. You can do this by yourself, or with as many other people as you'd like. You can make everything from scratch. use scripts, textures, and sounds that you've used in previous games. You can even enter a game you've made already, but don't expect to win when you face those who truly have put a lot of effort into their work.

Since the only thing I want out of this contest is some cool games that demonstrate what you can do with Buildism, there is no theme, instead your game must follow these simple rules:
  • It must have some sort of goal or objective. Examples: Capture the Flag, terrain control wars, dodge falling rocks, and so on.
  • Your game must use scripts that you or your partners made. You can use scripts and tools from the forums and wiki too, as long as your game also has scripts you made yourself.
  • Don't steal scripts, textures, models, or sounds from existing games.
  • If your game is multiplayer, you need to be able to host a server, or find someone to host it for you.
  • If you talk about your ideas on the forums, don't get upset when someone copies them. The concept of a game can't be protected under copyright law, so don't discuss anything in public that you wouldn't mind other people using.
  • Remember that this is all for fun! If you suspect someone of competing unfairly, just tell me about it and I'll handle it - no need to confront them or tell anyone else.
What are the prizes? and what if a staff member wins? (qwertygiy =p)
Hello
(08-12-2011, 06:25 AM)Ashely Wrote: What are the prizes? and what if a staff member wins? (qwertygiy =p)

I think the prize is that you get your game featured and an extra place slot.

So the prize would be exactly the same for a staff member :/
(08-12-2011, 07:42 AM)Duck Wrote:
(08-12-2011, 06:25 AM)Ashely Wrote: What are the prizes? and what if a staff member wins? (qwertygiy =p)

I think the prize is that you get your game featured and an extra place slot.

So the prize would be exactly the same for a staff member :/

What about a colored username?

Hello