CubeBomb
(08-13-2011, 04:12 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: I'm sure you can make simple games in JavaScript and HTML5, but CubeBomb is by no means "simple", and the maker of the new "CubeBomb game" is using plain HTML and JavaScript.

I'm not offended.
Oh, and I don't know if you know this, but the "programmer" predicts that the game will take between 1-2 years in completion time. For a game coded by one inexperienced coder with plain JavaScript and HTML, not only will the game probably never come out at that rate, but if it ever does, it won't be good by any of today's or even the past's standards.

When I said "No offense" I posted that because I didn't want to offend Vast for saying it looked boring.

Anyway yeah I agree with you on that, but I read the forums is looks like the JavaScript game is an unofficial user made game.
[Image: OAgDZ.png]
(08-13-2011, 03:21 PM)Fish Wrote: Buildism is better. Buildism Layerout is Nicer. Everything is nicer.

Eh, not really. Everything is kinda basic e_e

CubeBomb started from scratch :3
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
Just because CubeBomb started "from scratch" doesn't make it better. Take my word for it; I've been in this business for years. Buildism is much better layout-wise, regardless of the fact that Jacob used a MyBB forum. (The MyBB forum, by the way, is much better than the completely custom forum that CubeBomb has).
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-13-2011, 06:44 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: Just because CubeBomb started "from scratch" doesn't make it better. Take my word for it; I've been in this business for years. Buildism is much better layout-wise, regardless of the fact that Jacob used a MyBB forum. (The MyBB forum, by the way, is much better than the completely custom forum that CubeBomb has).

Personally it's just more appealing to kids.

This forum has many features that could be abused...
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
I thought we were talking about the layout aspects of the forums...
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
I personally would thar the site layout of CB over ours. But the forums on Buildism have a lot more features.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
Why re-invent the wheel? Just about every feature that the CB forums have we have in our handy myBB, no coding required, and if they wanted to disable some stuff I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to find and remove them.

As for the characters...

Yes, it has a lot more detail, but how are you going to cut THESE up into a game character, just by using these images, not drawing anything else?

[Image: Badger.png]
[Image: Coolio.png]
[Image: Valkrie.png]

(This might seem a bit hypocritcal considering my current skin, but at least it makes SOMETHING, even if that something is a bit wacko.)
You can make games with Javascript, how do you think I make Unity3D games?
Plus Stuffmaker isn't using Javascript...
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
The problem with making games in JavaScript is that Internet Explorer's JS engine is much slower than the ones used in Firefox and Chrome, so you either have to make it simple or force IE users to upgrade to a better browser before playing your game (which isn't always possible, since not everyone has admin rights.)
(08-13-2011, 09:59 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: The problem with making games in JavaScript is that Internet Explorer's JS engine is much slower than the ones used in Firefox and Chrome, so you either have to make it simple or force IE users to upgrade to a better browser before playing your game (which isn't always possible, since not everyone has admin rights.)

Unity has it's own webplayer. Yes, you have to install it.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]