Roblox's mods are idiots.
I try to advertise this site to help you guys out. Instant 7-day ban. I'm not buying their virtual products anymore.
~Lego
(09-27-2011, 04:35 AM)Lego Wrote: I try to advertise this site to help you guys out. Instant 7-day ban. I'm not buying their virtual products anymore.

Talking about other games is against the rules over there. Also, I got Buildism added to their word blacklist a few months ago, and I'm sure that bypassing the word filter is against the rules too... if you break the rules, you get banned. Seems fair to me.
(09-27-2011, 04:43 AM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 04:35 AM)Lego Wrote: I try to advertise this site to help you guys out. Instant 7-day ban. I'm not buying their virtual products anymore.

Talking about other games is against the rules over there. Also, I got Buildism added to their word blacklist a few months ago, and I'm sure that bypassing the word filter is against the rules too... if you break the rules, you get banned. Seems fair to me.

I don't pay much attention to rules, but I admit that I was having a moment of stupidity. Even I knew that Roblox had a strict policy of advertising other websites. This leads me to 2 questions. I don't expect you to answer either.

1. Why are Roblox and other popular websites so protective?
2. How did you get Buildism added to the blacklist, Jacob?
I did read over the rules on Buildism, but I forgot them. I'd read them again tonight, but I have to go soon.
~Lego
(09-27-2011, 04:48 AM)Lego Wrote: 1. Why are Roblox and other popular websites so protective?

1. Competition. If someone posts about another thread on the Roblox forums, then anyone else that reads the thread might leave Roblox for those other games. And since Roblox makes money from ad revenue and subscriptions, fewer users = less money. This doesn't happen on games that you buy in a store or on Steam because the company already has your money, so they won't be losing anything if you leave for another game.
2. 3 months ago, someone posted a thread on the Roblox forums encouraging their users to flood Buildism with junk threads and comments. I closed the site, and then they launched a denial of service attack on CubeBomb.com, a site that shares some users with Buildism. Denial of service attacks are illegal, so I emailed Roblox to complain about their forums being used to plan illegal activities.

I wasn't sure what they would do (if anything) but having the game's name added to the blacklist was the result.
I joined around 3 months ago. Interesting.

Also, nice on being 18 and owning Buildism. You must be at Genius level IQ. I'm only better-than-average.
~Lego
._.
I know you don't like talking about other games, but he's only trying to help
I'd rather not share anything with a community like Roblox. Better just to suggest it to specific people you know, rather than sharing it on a forum.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(09-27-2011, 04:57 AM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 04:48 AM)Lego Wrote: 1. Why are Roblox and other popular websites so protective?

1. Competition. If someone posts about another thread on the Roblox forums, then anyone else that reads the thread might leave Roblox for those other games. And since Roblox makes money from ad revenue and subscriptions, fewer users = less money. This doesn't happen on games that you buy in a store or on Steam because the company already has your money, so they won't be losing anything if you leave for another game.
2. 3 months ago, someone posted a thread on the Roblox forums encouraging their users to flood Buildism with junk threads and comments. I closed the site, and then they launched a denial of service attack on CubeBomb.com, a site that shares some users with Buildism. Denial of service attacks are illegal, so I emailed Roblox to complain about their forums being used to plan illegal activities.

I wasn't sure what they would do (if anything) but having the game's name added to the blacklist was the result.

lol hacker
This thread just makes me more angry about how everyone always complains about being banned on ROBLOX when they're clearly breaking the rules.
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(09-27-2011, 05:48 AM)Interwebs Wrote: I'd rather not share anything with a community like Roblox. Better just to suggest it to specific people you know, rather than sharing it on a forum.

Exactly. PM a few good friends, or mention it in a really awsome game server you've played for about an hour with some cool guys (use an I instead of an L, if you must), but do NOT make a forum thread -- it always ends badly for someone, if not the entire site.
I read the title but didn't read the text below it, I didn't have to because there are no mods on roblox, just computers- Ones that cannot moderate to save their artificial lives.